Seeking General Surgeon in northwest INDIANA near Chicago – 45 minutes out
What you need to know
Job ID: 8739
- Seeking a BC/BE General Surgeon to join busy employed physician group with exemplary clinical outcome and patient experience results
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ experience.
- Practice full scope of general surgery in one hospital
- Two da Vinci robots, including Xi
- Collaborative, supportive team of physicians and practice support staff
- OR block times available
- Strong anesthesia and subspecialty support
- Participate in American College of Surgeons NSQIP quality program
- 1:4 to 1:5 call rotation
- Valparaiso is located approximately 50 miles east of Chicago with easy access to Interstate 94, Interstate 80, and Interstate 90 and Interstate 65 via Indiana Bypass 49 and U.S. Highway 30.
- The amenities of the City of Valparaiso include the nationally acclaimed Valparaiso University, which has repeatedly been rated a top university in the Midwest.
- The Valparaiso Community School system also is rated one of the best.
- Notre Dame, Purdue, and Indiana University campuses are close by.
- The city also offers competitive outpatient health care, up-to-date hospital facilities, and an outstanding system of local parks with programs for all ages.
- Just 20 minutes to the north of the city is Lake Michigan, with state and national parks and passenger service via train to Chicago and South Bend.
- Competitive compensation package
- Recruitment Incentives:Medical Education Debt assistance, Commencement Bonus
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance and CME days
- Vacation, 401k match, Health/Vision/Dental/Life/ Disability Package
Top Five Things to Do
- Taltree Arboretum and Gardens
- Chapel of the Resurrection
- Memorial Opera House
- Brauer Museum of Art Center for the Arts
- Chicago Street Theatre
What is nice to know.