Pulmonary Disease – Critical Care Job in Peoria, IL
What you need to know
Job ID: 9431
Pulmonary/Critical Care Physician to join our Peoria, Illinois Team! Current Fellows needing J-1 support for 2022 are welcome to apply.
This position is on an outstanding, collegial team of 4 Pulmonologists who cover our ICU and see patients in our Clinic. In addition, the practice has 7 very high-functioning Advance Practice Providers
- Established Practice of 4 Physicians & 7 Advanced Practitioners
- 3 Respiratory Therapists for CPAP
- RT’s available for spirometry and walking oximetry in the office
- Experienced staff, both clinical and non-clinical who know the patients extremely well
- Great work/life balance
- Three regional hospitals: coverage for one ICU, with the other two ICU’s monitored remotely by a contracted group of intensivists.
- Strong IR support
- EBUS available
- Sleep is desired, but not required
- Average 18 patients per day in clinic -
- Average 12 CV-ICU patients and 10 Closed ICU patients per day
- Call 1:5 weeknights & 1:5 weekends
- Clinic Hours M-F 8am to 4pm
- MD or DO; Board Certified or Board Eligible in Pulmonology & Critical Care
- Sleep Medicine Fellowship a huge plus but not required
- Hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Illinois
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Service area of 350,000
- Diverse community setting with university, airport and much more
- Amenities at your fingertips for schooling, shopping, dining, class A Baseball, Symphony and Opera
- Access to Chicago and St. Louis
- Competitive compensation including 2 year salary guarantee
- Generous benefits package
- Signing bonus
- 401K with employer match and additional employer contribution
- Relocation allowance
Top Five Things to Do
- Join the town in late February for the 13th annual International Film Festival that the New York Times calling BIFF, a festival with a unique goal of returning the spirit of film festivals golden era".
- The three-day Winterfest brings an Open skate, along with Free Skates at Edwards Ice Arena, Free Snowshoeing at Big Hill Park and wraps up with a Sleigh Ride up and around Big Hill Park.
- Enjoy a 46-year tradition of the Folks and Blues Festival as summer comes to a close.
- Jump in the car for a short drive to catch a Milwaukee Brewers game, enjoy the sports, arts and entertainment in the magic of Chicago or paint your face red and white to cheer the Badgers to championships on Saturday.
- Enjoy the Nature preserves of the Confluence with 34.4 acre park and learning center that combines hands-on learning and ecology, science with recreational hiking, biking, boating.
What is nice to know.