Psychiatry position on beautiful Lake Cumberland
What you need to know
Job ID: 6629
Seeking a BC/BE Psychiatrist to join their team!
Located just minutes from I-75, Somerset has a solid business climate and offers a great opportunity for the right physician to establish a clinical outpatient practice while providing inpatient psychiatry consult services with ED call on a rotational basis, divided equally among providers.
The hospital has a dedicated behavioral health floor that includes 27 adult beds plus 7 geriatric beds.
Ideal candidates would practice general psychiatry with other fellowships an asset, preferably Addiction Medicine.
The opportunity includes a competitive financial package with a base salary along with a sign-on bonus, relocation assistance, student loan repayment assistance program and comprehensive benefits package.
Residents, fellows and practicing physicians alike are all welcomed applicants!
- Imagine living in a beautiful community that is only 2.5 hours to Nashville, a little over 1 hour to Lexington and 2 hours to Bowling Green!
- Located just minutes from I-75, Somerset has a strong and solid business climate.
- This part of Kentucky is known as the houseboat capital of the world, with the majority of houseboats being manufactured in the immediate area.
- Somerset is home to beautiful Lake Cumberland, a 65,000-acre lake with 1,200 miles of shoreline.
- Lake Cumberland offers a wealth of recreational opportunities and provides excellent fishing for crappie, bass and other types of fish.
- Water sports from sailing and water skiing to house-boating are all popular on the lake.
- General Burnside Island State Park, Kentucky's only state park located on an island, provides a peaceful retreat for campers, boaters, golfers and fishermen, with a campground and an 18-hole golf course.
- Four additional golf courses are located in the community.
- Just minutes south is Cumberland Falls State Park.
- Known as the Niagara of the South, Cumberland Falls boasts the only Moonbow in the Western Hemisphere, as well as white-water rafting, hiking and canoeing.
- Daniel Boone National Forest also offers exciting outdoor activities with more than 704,000 acres of mostly rugged terrain, with steep forested ridges, narrow ravines, 3,400 miles of sandstone cliffs and 600 miles of beautiful trails.
- Generous guaranteed salary
- Production incentives
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation expenses and full benefits that include health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, CME days and stipend, paid vacation, 401k and more.
Top Five Things to Do
- Lake Cumberland
- Cedar Creek Vineyards
- 27 Drive in
- Woodhouse Day Spa
What is nice to know.