Psychiatry: General Opportunity in Four-Season Recreational Paradise
What you need to know
Job ID: 8868
- Come and join our experienced rehabilitation team as a psychologist in our comprehensive outpatient neurorehabilitation program
- This position provides psychology services to individuals and families who have experienced illness and/or injury resulting in disability.
- As a member of the interdisciplinary neurorehabilitation program, you will be able to complete formal and informal assessments of cognitive functioning, provide individual and family counseling, and provide individualized treatment in cognitive retraining
- Team members have the opportunity to participate in many specialty clinics integrating the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- The psychologist provides services as part of an interdisciplinary care team under the direction and support of the service line management and the supervision of a referring physician
- Our experienced team of rehabilitation professionals includes Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologists, Psychologists and Psychotherapists, Social Workers, and Physicians who are board certified in the practice of rehabilitation medicine.
- Provide therapeutic services and psychological evaluations to patients of all ages. This is to include but is not limited to individual, group, and family therapy, diagnostic interviews and assessments, the administration and interpretation of psychological tests and coordination of treatment services for the patient
- Percentage of time spent in psychological testing, psychotherapy and other specific job duties may vary between individual psychologists
- Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
- A doctoral degree in psychology from a regionally accredited university
- Two years of supervised clinical experience in psychological health services of which at least one year is post-doctoral and one year (may be the post-doctoral year) is in an organized psychological health service training program
- Listing in the National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology
- Must be a Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota, or in the state in which Essentia practice is located
- Beautiful city with cultural amenities and international airport
- Duluth, MN located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits
- Relocation assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Minnesota's North Shore Scenic Drive
- Aerial Lift Bridge
- Enger Park and Tower
- Canal Park
What is nice to know.