Practice General Surgery in this Beautiful Community of Iowa
What you need to know
Job ID: 7643
- Candidates must be board-certified/board-eligible in general surgery.
- Surgeons must have training/experience and qualified skills in areas of appendix, gall bladder, hernia, basic laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures (rural training desirable including training for C-sections).
- Bread and Butter General Surgery procedures
- Call is 1:2 (Flexible call schedule)
- Decorah , Iowa's 8,500 residents take pride in the quality of their educational facilities. Luther College, a liberal arts college with 2,400 students, is ranked one of the top 50 liberal arts colleges in the country. Decorah's public school system is regarded as one of the finest in Iowa.
- Decorah is located just 75 miles from Rochester, and 150 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul, and is situated in a valley framed by hills, limestone bluffs and rugged cliffs. Rivers, parks and spring-fed streams contribute to the natural beauty of the area. Outdoor recreation opportunities, including biking, canoeing, hiking, trout fishing, hunting, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing abound in Decorah.
- Decorah has a strong Norwegian heritage, and is home to the Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum, the country's oldest and largest museum devoted to one immigrant group. Each summer the community celebrates its heritage with Nordic Fest, a celebration filled with Scandinavian crafts, art, food, folk music and dancing.
- Competitive salary guarantee
- Full Benefits
- Relocation assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Dunnings Spring Park
- Decorah Fish Hatchery
- Trout Run Trail
- Seed Savers Exchange Heritage Farm
What is nice to know.