Pediatric Opening in Albert Lea and Austin, Minnesota
What you need to know
Job ID: 9182
- Seeking board certified/eligible pediatricians to join a practice of 7 board-certified pediatricians.
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in medical education, research and clinical work.
- The pediatricians will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat children and adolescents with acute and chronic medical conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Skill required in conducting comprehensive evaluation of patients; performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; assessing patient status relative to hospital admissions and discharges; prescribe medications and treatments; consult with colleagues on patient management and treatment plans; and participate in call rotations.
- There are currently 7 Pediatricians
- Call rotation of 1:10
- Pediatric nurse phone triage available
- Serves approximately 700 births with 50 pediatric admissions annually
- Epic EHR
- Regular teaching opportunities
- Ongoing clinical quality and research opportunities
- Austin, MN is a community of 22,000, and is surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 45 minutes west of Rochester.
- Excellent public and parochial education system, including programming for students with special needs and gifted students.
- Great recreation options including trout fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, indoor/outdoor tennis, canoeing and golfing.
- Upscale community offering many amenities not often found in communities this size.
- Competitive income guarantee and bonus package
- Generous and comprehensive benefit package
Top Five Things to Do
- Spam Museum and Visitor Center
- Jay C. Hormel Nature Center
- Hormel Historic Home
- Sweet Reads
- Arrowpath - a wildlife project in Southeastern Minnesota. There are currently 20 acres of native grasses, ponds and trees.
What is nice to know.