Orthopedic – Joint Surgery position with guaranteed compensation of $850,000 to $1,087,000
What you need to know
Job ID: 9378
Seeking a BE/BC Orthopedic Joint Surgeon at one of the "100 Best Places to Work in Health Care".
- This organization performs all types of joint replacement surgery, including hip, shoulder, knee and elbow.
- Prefers candidate skilled in joints and revisions, i.e. knees.
Light to no call due to the two Orthopedic Trauma surgeons covering Trauma 24/7. If candidate desires Trauma call, it's possible to cover a few days per month.
- The Orthopedic Surgery department offers:
Orthopedic Trauma: Home to the region’s only level 2 trauma center staffed with two
fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma specialists skilled in a variety of cases, including,
Fractures of the arm, leg and joints, Multiple broken bones, Compound fractures,
Minimally invasive surgery for fractures, Pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket) surgery,
Nerve and tendon injuries Unhealed fractures (nonunions), Healed fracture deformities
or nonalignments (malunions), Bone infections (osteomyelitis), Complex soft tissue
reconstruction and Bone grafting.
Orthopedic Walk-In Clinic Offering convenient and comprehensive orthopedic care to
diagnose, treat and manage sports and lifestyle injuries, including fractures,
dislocations, tendon and ligament injuries, joint injuries, and more.
Work and sports injuries: The orthopedic and sports medicine specialists expertly repair
shoulder joint and rotator cuff tears, as well as knee ligament (ACL) tears and other
work and sports injuries.
Bone health: Our osteoporosis treatment and prevention program, Break Free, was the
first in the state to receive the highest level of certification from the International
Geriatric Fracture Society.
Teamwork: The Orthopedic Surgeons work together with physical and occupational
therapists to guide you through the treatment and rehabilitation process, ensuring a
smooth transition back to your normal routine.
Inpatient Rehabilitation provides special orthopedic care for patients who have
undergone total joint replacements, a hip fracture or experienced orthopedic trauma.
The Amputee Program - providing special care for patients who have an amputation due
to injury or disease and are needing to improve physical abilities and/or adaptations to
the environment Our specialized equipment, along with the clinical expertise of our
physiatrist, rehab nurses, and therapists assist each patient with recovery and returning
Minimally-invasive procedures: When possible, our orthopedic team uses minimally
invasive blood-sparing surgical procedures, including arthroscopic repair.
Advanced pain management: We use a variety of pain control methods to help you
manage pain with less risk of medication side effects.
Work and sports injuries: The orthopedic and sports medicine specialists repair
shoulder joint and rotator cuff tears, as well as knee ligament (ACL) tears and other work
and sports injuries.
Orthopedic Oncology: Offering personalized and expert comprehensive care to diagnose
and treat primary and metastatic bone or soft tissue cancer for pediatric and adult
patients, including, Soft tissue mass, Soft tissue sarcoma, Bone sarcoma, Benign bone
lesion, Metastatic disease to bone. Complex limb reconstruction
- 70+ member group of employed physicians, advanced practitioner and allied health providers offering services in 17 different specialties.
- The largest provider of medical care in the 300,000 population Tri-State Area composed of West Central Illinois, Northeast Missouri, and Southeast Iowa.
- The System also operates a 307-bed regional referral center in Quincy, and Illini Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital in Pittsfield, Illinois, (population 4,300).
- As a not-for-profit system, we accept all patients regardless of their economic condition or insurance coverage.
- The System was named one of the "100 Best Places to Work in Health Care" by Modern Healthcare magazine, and it ranks among the Country's top 8% of hospitals in its level of Information Technology development.
- Grade A hospital: This hospital has earned its second consecutive grade A for hospital safety from the Leapfrog Group. This organization analyzes safety data from hospitals across the country and compares outcomes.
- Enjoy a community with a diverse educational system, including Public/private schools, technical, community college and four year private university.
- Gorgeous riverfront to historic neighborhoods, plenty of restaurants, and abundant shopping
Starting Salary range of $700,000 to $1,000,000.
$150,000 of school loans forgiven over five years.
- $50,000 sign on bonus, for candidates who do not have school loans, sign on bonus of up to $100,000.
- Total guaranteed package between $850,000 to $1,087,000
- Up to a $15,000 relocation package
- Benefits: Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD & D insurance, malpractice coverage with tail, 403(b) pension plan plus 457(b) tax-deferral option, employee child care center, four weeks annual paid time off plus one week of CME time with paid time off increasing to six weeks after two years employment, $5,000 annual professional expense allowance, and more.
Top Five Things to Do
- All Wars Museum
- Villa Kathrine
- Quincy Museum
- John Wood Mansion
- 9/11 Memorial
What is nice to know.