Ophthalmology Opening in a vibrant city, nestled along the Mississippi River
What you need to know
Job ID: 8565
- Opening for a BC/BE Ophthalmologist interested in providing comprehensive ophthalmology services within our health system.
- An interest in Refractive Cataract Surgery, Medical Retina including intravitreal injections and routine Glaucoma is desired.
- Current shared call is 1:10, with ten board certified Ophthalmologists on staff.
- Department services include: Cornea, Comprehensive Ophthalmology, Glaucoma, Laser Vision Correction,Oculoplastics, Pediatrics, Retina, Cataract.
- Providing the latest in technology and equipment which includes Zeiss OCT, Heidelberg Spectralis OCT, Digital photography, Zeiss IOL Master, Marco EPIC refraction systems, Excimer laser, argon, selective and diode laser. We ensure state-of-the-art eye care to the people in southwest Wisconsin, southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa.
- LaCrosse, WI, is a city of 52,000 with a metro ara of 120,000 in the Upper Mississippi River Valley, located between Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, and Madison, WI.
- The area offers unlimited, four-season recreational opportunities (biking, golf, hiking the bluffs and cross-country/downhill skiing).
- We have a great family environment
- with safe and high-quality schools, including two universities and a technical college. There are sport events, a local symphony orchestra, theaters, children's museum and a civic center.
- Compensation and benefits is competitive within the market for this specialty.
- Assistance with student debt relief is possible.
- Our employed model which offers a full benefits menu makes the total compensation along with our great location and strong physician leadership a premier opportunity in the Upper Midwest.
Top Five Things to Do
- Grandad Bluff
- Visit Riverside Park
- Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Segway Tours
- Dahl Auto Museum
What is nice to know.