Neurosurgery position located in Northern Illinois
What you need to know
- Seeking a BE/BC Neurosurgeon to join thriving Brain and Spine Center.
- You will partner with a general neurosurgeon, an interventional neuro-radiologist, nurse practitioner, five neurologists, PM&R, and pain medicine physicians.
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8a-5p
- 7-14 days of call per month.
- Work out of one location with the clinic and office located on the hospital campus.
- For those interested in teaching, this organization has a direct affiliation agreement with the University of IL School of Medicine, Rockford.
- Employed position with guaranteed base salary and production incentives
- Generous Starting Salary
- Comprehensive benefit package
- And much more!
- Riverfront community of 150,000 located less than 90 minutes from downtown Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee
- Award-winning park district and top-rated public and private schools proved a wonderful family environment
- Superb restaurants, exciting events, and eclectic arts community including theater, symphony, museums and dance
- Outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals highlight the community's diversity
- "Sports Town USA" designation features every sport imaginable along with endless bike trails, and Golf Digest ranked golf courses
Earn More. Starting Salary For a Neurosurgeon Is $150,000 More Compared To Positions Located In Chicago Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 30% Less In This Community Provides You With Significant Buying Power With The Opportunity To Build Your Dream Home, Pay Down Your Student Loans And Retire Early.
Income Potential. The Income Potential Is Greater Than Most With The Opportunity To become a top earner in your field. The Housing Market With Average Home Pricing Settled At $143,346 And Where A Desirable 3273 Square Ft. 5 Bedroom/3.5 Bath with Soaring cathedral double-coffered ceiling in great room with granite fireplace surround; can be yours for $339,900. The Community There are abou t 339,000 people i n the Rockford Region, including the surrounding metro area. Located within Winnebago County, there are several unique surrounding villages and cities that form the Rockford Region, each with its own history, restaurants, and attractions! About Employer. This organization is a multi-regional, integrated health system comprising five hospitals, more than 860 physicians, over 80 outpatient clinics and other service sites that provide care to residents in more than 60 communities throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. This organization offers over 75 specialty and sub-specialty services, including neurosurgery, heart and vascular care, cancer care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, da Vinci robotic surgery and much more.
This organization is currently constructing a $505 million dollar specialty referral hospital along I-90 in Rockford. This campus will feature a womens and childrens hospital with neonatal and pediatric intensive care, pediatric emergency services and high risk maternity care.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 73 miles: Chicago, IL (ORD / KORD) Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 91 miles: Milwaukee, WI (MKE / KMKE) General Mitchell International Airport
- 99 miles: Chicago, IL (MDW / KMDW) Chicago Midway International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 58 miles to Madison, WI
- 80 miles to Chicago, IL
- 81 miles to Milwaukee, WI
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 58 miles to Madison, WI
- 80 miles to Chicago, IL
- 81 miles to Milwaukee, WI
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living Index - 95.5
- City Cost of Living Index - 84.7
- Mean Housing Cost - $143,346
Colleges and Universities:
- Rock Valley College Rockford, Full-time enrollment: 6,269; Community College; Website: www.rockvalleycollege.edu
- Rockford University, Rockford, Full-Time enrollment: 1,182; Private liberal arts; Website: www.rockford.edu
- Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL(about 28 miles) FT enrollment: 18,126; Website: http://niu.edu/index.shtml
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI(about 58 miles) Full-time enrollment: 34,621; https://www.wisc.edu/
- White 56.8%
- African American 21.0%
- Latino 16.6%
- Asian 2.7%
- Mixed 2.6%
- Other 0.2%
- State Income Tax Rate - 3.75%
- Median Property Tax - $3,318
- State Sales Tax Rate - 6.250%
- City Sales Tax Rate - 8.25%
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Construction (7%)
Baseball, football, soccer, hockey, ice skating - Rockford has it all! How about league play for tennis, bocce, and pickleball? Try out your water skis at the West Rock wake park or hang more than ten at the local zip line park. Golf? Five public courses and three unbelievable country club courses.
RUNS & RIDES
With over 60 miles of developed rec paths circling Rockford, you can walk, ride, and bike along the river, through the largest state park in Illinois, and along abandoned rail lines.
PADDLE & HIKE
The Rockford area is a nature preserve wonderland wth over 10,000 acres of natural areas, lakes, rivers, and forests to explore including Rock Cut State Park, the largest in Illinois.
Arts & Culture:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens
- Coronado Performing Arts Center
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra
- Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center
- Rockford Art Museum
- Discovery Center Museum
- Burpee Museum of Natural History
- Rockford Dance Company
- Starlight Theatre
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Laurent House
Sports for the Spectator:
- As the top NHL minor league affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, the Rockford Ice Hogs sends players to the big league and sells out every game in their 5,600 seat arena.
- You're just an hour away from big ten sports with the University of Wisconsin Badgers in Madison and Northwestern University in Chicago.
- Major League sports are also an hour away including the Chicago Bears, Cubs, White Sox, and Blackhawks, or head to Milwaukee for a Brewers game.
Sports for the Participant:
- Recreational baseball, softball, volleyball, flag football, soccer and many other sports are offered though the Rockford Park District.
- Learn to ice skate or play ice hockey at one of two professional ice rinks.
- Saddle up for a horseback ride at Lockwood Park or practice your dressage and jumps at The Ledges Sporting Horses and Show Grounds.
- Join a league for golf, soccer, tennis, basketball, bocce, or the newest craze, pickleball.
- Cherryvale Mall offers more than 130 specialty stores including Chico's, Abercrombie, and Gymboree, along with children's activities and special events. Four anchor stores include Bergner's, J. C. Penney, Macy's and Sears.
- Many unique boutiques and specialty shops can be found in the historic downtown River District and in neighborhoods throughout Rockford.
- Antique lovers will find more than 30 antique shops, two major antique malls and many weekend shows and flea markets.
Top Five things to do:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens, Recognized As One Of The Top Japanese Gardens In North America. Https://Andersongardens.Org/
- Discovery Center Museum, Honored As One Of The Top Children's Museums In The Nation. Http://Discoverycentermuseum.Org/
- Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, An 11,000 Sq. Ft. Tropical Plant Exhibition, Surrounded By The Sinnissippi Rose Garden On The Shore Of The Rock River. Https://Www.Nicholasconservatory.Com/Home
- Rockford City Market, Held Every Friday From May To October Features Local Growers And Vendors Selling Natural Products, Unique Retail Items, And Delicious Cuisine, Live Music, Demonstrations, And Kids' Activities. Http://Www.Rockfordcitymarket.Com/
- The Coronado Performing Arts Center Features Broadway And Off-Broadway Shows And Concerts By National And International Performers. Http://Www.Coronadopac.Org/