Inpatient Psychiatry Position in Family-Friendly Wilson, NC
What you need to know
Job ID: 6252
- Seeking a board-certified inpatient psychiatrist to join the staff of a new 24 bed inpatient psychiatric unit.
- The unit will have 12 adult beds and 12 geriatric beds, so geriatric experience is preferred.
- This position offers an exciting opportunity to be involved from the start in this new unit -- the new psychiatrists will be instrumental in developing and expanding service lines and meeting long-unmet community needs.
- Known as the City of Beautiful Trees and the City of Antiques, Wilson is famous for its barbecue and whirligigs.
- Wilson offers a vibrant community and tranquil way of life that invites you to put down roots in this city of modern amenities and old-fashioned charm.
- The local and business communities work together to support excellent public and private education.
- And Wilson is within a one-hour drive from a dozen major colleges and universities, including Duke, N.C. State, UNC-Chapel Hill and East Carolina University.
- Wilson is home to Wilson Community College, Barton College and the Eastern North Carolina School for the Deaf.
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
- Relocation assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Whirligig Park - Unique park with many creative wind-powered sculptures & events such as concerts & farmers' markets.
- Freeman Roundhouse
- The Wilson Rose Garden
- Putt-Putt Fun Center
- Imagination Station Science Museum
What is nice to know.