Hematology Oncology Position Income Potential $560K located between Madison and Chicago
What you need to know
- Seeking a BE/BC Hematology/Oncologist to replace a retiring physician.
- Call will be 1:6
- This 300+ bed hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art Breast Center, Standalone Cancer Center, and Staff with Lung and Colon teams, breast surgeon, and plastic surgeon.
- Exclusive Illinois division of UW Health/University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 66,000 ft2 Regional Cancer Center with state-of-the-art radiation facilities and services
- Joint oncology leadership and clinical trials with University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Lung Cancer, one of only six in the US
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons 3-Star rating
- Dedicated employed referral base of 7 medical oncologists and 170+ physicians/providers
- Physician-led health system, hospital, and medical group
- Top 100 Hospital Quality Award (Total Benchmark Solutions)
- Top 100 Integrated Health Network (IMS Health, Inc.)
- Top 150 Places to Work in Healthcare (Beckers Hospital Review 2015)
- Academic affiliation with University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford
- Joint Commission Certification
- Magnet Recognition
- Disease Specific Lung Cancer Certification from Joint Commission
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation
- LEED Certified Building
- Lung Screening Center of Excellence by the Lung Cancer Alliance
- What Rocks Rockford 1st place for Cancer Center in 2017
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Clinical Trials
- Robust Clinical Research Program
- Physician lead Tumor Conferences in Breast, Lung, Genital Tumor and Molecular Tumor
- American College of Radiology Accreditation
- CAP Certified lab (College of American Pathologists)
- Generous Guaranteed Starting Salary of $425,000 for a fellow; up to $475,000 for practicing
- Up to $50,000 sign on bonus
- Income Potential of $560,000
- Employed position with competitive salary guarantee and production incentives
- Flexible insurance package with health, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous vacation and CME benefits
- Flexible retirement program with corporate contribution
- Professional society dues and association fees
- Interview and relocation expenses
- Academic appointments available
- Award-winning health system provides wellness benefits, on-site day care, sick-child care, and concierge services.
- Malpractice with tail coverage options
- Riverfront Community Of 150,000 Located Less Than 90 Minutes From Downtown Chicago, Madison, And Milwaukee
- Award-Winning Park District And Top-Rated Public And Private Schools Proved A Wonderful Family Environment
- Superb Restaurants, Exciting Events, And Eclectic Arts Community Including Theater, Symphony, Museums And Dance
- Outdoor Recreation, Markets And Ethnic Festivals Highlight The Community's Diversity
- "Sports Town USA" Designation Features Every Sport Imaginable Along With Endless Bike Trails, And Golf Digest Ranked Golf Courses
Have The Perfect Blend Of Work-Life Balance . This Organization Offers Onsite Child Care And Sick Child Care, Extensive Wellness Benefits Including Onsite Massage, And A Concierge Service That Will Help You Manage Your Time Including Dry Cleaning, Oil Changes, And Shopping.
Enjoy The Small-Town Atmosphere Of A Vibrant Riverfront Community Combined With Quick Access To The Big-City Amenities Of Chicago, Madison, And Milwaukee.
More Money And Low Cost Of Living. Enjoy A Starting Salary Of Up To $100,000 More Than Major Metro Areas, Along With A Cost Of Living At Least 30% Lower . You Will Gain A Significant Financial Advantage For Paying Off Student Loans, Buying A Home, And Planning For Your Future.
Your Earnings Will Provide Ample Room For A Great Home In An Educated Community With Outstanding Schools, Along With Wealth Accumulation And Preservation Opportunities. With A Mean Home Price Of $143,346, A Stately 6-Bedroom, 5-Bath, 4,500 Sq Ft Home With Acreage Can Be Yours For $449,000.
This Organization Is Committed To Recruiting And Retaining The Very Best Talent And Will Provide You With Resources To Be Successful Throughout Your Career. Enjoy An Excellent Income In A Diverse Community That Values And Appreciates You.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 73 miles: Chicago, IL (ORD / KORD) Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 91 miles: Milwaukee, WI (MKE / KMKE) General Mitchell International Airport
- 99 miles: Chicago, IL (MDW / KMDW) Chicago Midway International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 58 miles to Madison, WI
- 80 miles to Chicago, IL
- 81 miles to Milwaukee, WI
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 58 miles to Madison, WI
- 80 miles to Chicago, IL
- 81 miles to Milwaukee, WI
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living Index - 95.5
- City Cost of Living Index - 84.7
- Mean Housing Cost - $143,346
Colleges and Universities:
- Rock Valley College Rockford, Full-Time Enrollment: 6,269; Community College; Website: Www.Rockvalleycollege.Edu
- Rockford University, Rockford, Full-Time Enrollment: 1,182; Private Liberal Arts; Website: Www.Rockford.Edu
- Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL(About 28 Miles) FT Enrollment: 18,126; Website: Http://Niu.Edu/Index.Shtml
- University Of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI(About 58 Miles) Full-Time Enrollment: 34,621; Https://Www.Wisc.Edu/
- White 56.8%
- African American 21.0%
- Latino 16.6%
- Asian 2.7%
- Mixed 2.6%
- Other 0.2%
- State Income Tax Rate - 3.75%
- Median Property Tax - $3,318
- State Sales Tax Rate - 6.250%
- City Sales Tax Rate - 8.25%
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Construction (7%)
Baseball, Football, Soccer, Hockey, Ice Skating - Rockford Has It All! How About League Play For Tennis, Bocce, And Pickleball? Try Out Your Water Skis At The West Rock Wake Park Or Hang More Than Ten At The Local Zip Line Park. Golf? Five Public Courses And Three Unbelievable Country Club Courses.
RUNS & RIDES
With Over 60 Miles Of Developed Rec Paths Circling Rockford, You Can Walk, Ride, And Bike Along The River, Through The Largest State Park In Illinois, And Along Abandoned Rail Lines.
PADDLE & HIKE
The Rockford Area Is A Nature Preserve Wonderland Wth Over 10,000 Acres Of Natural Areas, Lakes, Rivers, And Forests To Explore Including Rock Cut State Park, The Largest In Illinois.
Arts & Culture:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens
- Coronado Performing Arts Center
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra
- Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center
- Rockford Art Museum
- Discovery Center Museum
- Burpee Museum Of Natural History
- Rockford Dance Company
- Starlight Theatre
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Laurent House
Sports for the Spectator:
- As The Top NHL Minor League Affiliate Of The Chicago Blackhawks, The Rockford Ice Hogs Sends Players To The Big League And Sells Out Every Game In Their 5,600 Seat Arena.
- You're Just An Hour Away From Big Ten Sports With The University Of Wisconsin Badgers In Madison And Northwestern University In Chicago.
- Major League Sports Are Also An Hour Away Including The Chicago Bears, Cubs, White Sox, And Blackhawks, Or Head To Milwaukee For A Brewers Game.
Sports for the Participant:
- Recreational Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Flag Football, Soccer And Many Other Sports Are Offered Though The Rockford Park District.
- Learn To Ice Skate Or Play Ice Hockey At One Of Two Professional Ice Rinks.
- Saddle Up For A Horseback Ride At Lockwood Park Or Practice Your Dressage And Jumps At The Ledges Sporting Horses And Show Grounds.
- Join A League For Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Basketball, Bocce, Or The Newest Craze, Pickleball.
- Cherryvale Mall Offers More Than 130 Specialty Stores Including Chico's, Abercrombie, And Gymboree, Along With Children's Activities And Special Events. Four Anchor Stores Include Bergner's, J. C. Penney, Macy's And Sears.
- Many Unique Boutiques And Specialty Shops Can Be Found In The Historic Downtown River District And In Neighborhoods Throughout Rockford.
- Antique Lovers Will Find More Than 30 Antique Shops, Two Major Antique Malls And Many Weekend Shows And Flea Markets.
Top Five things to do:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens, Recognized As One Of The Top Japanese Gardens In North America. Https://Andersongardens.Org/
- Discovery Center Museum, Honored As One Of The Top Children's Museums In The Nation. Http://Discoverycentermuseum.Org/
- Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, An 11,000 Sq. Ft. Tropical Plant Exhibition, Surrounded By The Sinnissippi Rose Garden On The Shore Of The Rock River. Https://Www.Nicholasconservatory.Com/Home
- Rockford City Market, Held Every Friday From May To October Features Local Growers And Vendors Selling Natural Products, Unique Retail Items, And Delicious Cuisine, Live Music, Demonstrations, And Kids' Activities. Http://Www.Rockfordcitymarket.Com/
- The Coronado Performing Arts Center Features Broadway And Off-Broadway Shows And Concerts By National And International Performers. Http://Www.Coronadopac.Org/