GYN Surgeon-Obstetrician Position located minutes to Minneapolis
What you need to know
Job ID: 5477
- Seeking a fulltime GYN surgeon-obstetrician with excellent patient, clinical, and surgical skills to join its team.
- Practice features include a unique mix of routine and high-risk obstetrics, complex surgical cases, office procedures, uro-gynecology, and infertility services.
- The Practice is interested in growing its GYN surgical team under the guidance and support of a fellowship trained MIGS physician.
- Seeing obstetric patients and participating in the Practice's full OBGYN call schedule is also a requirement of this unique position.
- Shared call among 9 physicians (average 3.5 days of call per month)
- Candidates for this superb position will ideally be trained in routine and high-risk obstetrics, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, AAGL fellowship trained preferred, board certified/eligible (BC/BE).
Practice details include:
- Integrated team includes 10 board-certified ObGyn physicians, 7+ nurse midwives, 5+ nurse practitioners, an ObGyn physical therapist, and a registered dietician who see patients of all ages at 4 metro area clinics.
- As the largest independent ObGyn practice in the Twin Cities, this progressive 65-year-old practice offers a complete continuum of women's health.
- Affiliated with Maple Grove Hospital, North Memorial Health Hospital, and two ambulatory surgery centers in Maple Grove and Blaine, respectively.
- Labor and delivery services at Maple Grove Hospital
- Innovative specialty care programs: GYN surgery with and without robotics, the Center for Urinary and Pelvic Health, and an Infertility Evaluation and Treatment program.
- Award-winning physicians: Recognized year-after-year as 'Top Docs' and 'Best Doctors for Women'. The practice boasts a 98% overall patient satisfaction score.
- As a physician with this large group, you'll enjoy a very autonomous but collaborative lifestyle practice supported by highly trained staff that enjoy their work. Staff and physician retention exceed industry norms.
- The practice is located in and near communities recognized for outstanding school systems, entertainment, recreation, culture, sports, and more.
- Maple Grove Community Center which has indoor/outdoor playgrounds, ice skating, indoor/outdoor pools, and picnic area. It is also the site of the Maple Grove Farmers Market where fresh food and fun are in abundance.
- Maple Grove is also a great place for commerce and has a solid business community in which a number of highly regarded businesses continue to thrive.
- Retail developments combine large national retailers along with unique stores that offer a one-of-kind shopping experience. There are also a number of centrally-located areas that offer a wide array of everyday conveniences and shopping options.
- Variety of eating establishments to choose from: family diners, outdoor casual eateries, upscale dining options ' many nationally-known favorites as well as local flavors.
- The beauty of seven different lakes can be found within Maple Grove as well as over 1,000 acres and 36 miles of meticulously maintained parks and trails and 48 playgrounds.
- With the attraction of the Maple Grove Arboretum and two regional park reserves, the outdoor amenities fit every age and interest.
- Competitive salary and benefits, and reimbursed continuing medical education (CME)
- 4 day work week; 4-6 weeks PTO, negotiable based on candidate
- 2 year track to shareholder status
- Income Potential (after two years) $400,000 to $500,000
- Benefits: health, dental, life, STD, LTD, long-term care, and an HSA plan
- Retirement: maximum qualified retirement plan dollars available by law annually
- Malpractice insurance: Midwest Medical Insurance Company (MN based carrier) with $4mil/$6mil limits, and an additional $10mil umbrella coverage.
Top Five Things to Do
- Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Walker Art Center
- Guthrie Theater
- Mall of America
- Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium
What is nice to know.