General Surgery Opportunity less than 75 minutes SW of Chicago
What you need to know
Job ID: 9127
- We are a well-established, independent, Level II Trauma Center with 29 healthcare centers (and growing!) that's been dedicated to improving the health of area residents for over 114yrs.
- We are best known for our compassionate & personalized approach to care and attribute our success to our dedicated physicians, advanced practice professionals, staff and outstanding volunteers while having a mutually, beneficial relationship with the 170,000+ residents we serve in 20 different communities.
- We truly are a ‘HIDDEN GEM’ in the Chicagoland Area!
- Seeking a well-trained, B/C General Surgeon who’s ATLS certified, motivated, has a strong work ethic and the desire to become part of a well-established healthcare center team.
- 2021 Residents welcome to apply
- This full-time, employment opportunity would provide a wide variety of bread and butter, general surgery cases, including advanced laparoscopic surgery.
- Work with an organization that’s going through a Master Facility Plan, which includes updating the inpatient OR and future expansion of the outpatient surgery center, which all complement our growing surgery group and vast service area.
- Work with a highly regarded hospital that’s a Level II Trauma & Primary Stroke Center.
- Outpatient office work with 1 weekday evening required. Enjoy your family time, along with a well-run practice.
- Participate in General Surgery & Trauma Call.
- Access to multiple specialties on staff, who provide great quality care to patients, e.g. GI, ENT, Colon-Rectal, Pediatricians, Ob/Gyn, Rad w/interventional, >20 PCPs, Adult Hospitalist Program, Ortho & Back, InfDis, 24/7 Pharmacy, RadOnc, Rheum (we have 3!), Endo (we have 2!), Neph (we provide in-house dialysis too), Tele-Psych, to name a few. The only sub-specialties we don't have are cardiothoracic/heart surgical back-up or neurosurgery.
- In the near future, we plan to expand outpatient surgical services at the Deerpath Ambulatory Surgical Center, a joint venture with Rezin Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, which currently offers outpatient surgeries in ENT, GI, GS, Ob/Gyne, Eye, Ortho, Podiatry, and Urology.
- Hidden Gem in the Chicagoland Area
- Easy access to Chicago and surrounding cities
- Great school systems
- Generous Guaranteed Salary
- Competitive Production Plan
- Trauma Call pay
- Medical education loan repayment, CME and General Expenses.
- Quality bonus
Top Five Things to Do
- Montage Wine Bar and Tasting Room
- Morris Area Public Library
- Carmike Orpheum Cinema 10
- True North: The Warehouse
What is nice to know.