Child-Psychiatry Opportunity Located in a riverfront community located near Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee
What you need to know
- Seeking A BE/BC Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist For A Growing Hospitalist Based Practice.
- 100% Inpatient Setting
- Call 1:4 - every 4th day (phone call only) - call is minimal due to Triage Crisis Team program in place. 1:4 Weekend Call; round on Saturday, phone call only Sunday.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- 12 Adolescent beds; 20 Adult beds
- Join one General Psychiatrist, 1 APN who sees children; 1 telepsych, Behavior Therapist, Recreation Therapist, Nursing Support
- Average length of stay for Adolescent (5 to 9 days); Adults (4 to 8 days)
- In 2020, adding 10 beds; increase to 16 Child & Adolescent beds; and 26 Adult
- 2 day partial program (therapists mostly staff)
- No treatment of Drugs and alcohol
- Dedicated Referral Base Of 180+ Providers
- 5 Psychiatry ED area staff with Psych nurses
- Psychiatry rotations with Medical Students
- Employed position with guaranteed base salary of $250,000 for a newly trained graduate and up to $300,000 for a practicing physician.
- Plus, production incentives
- $50,000 sign on bonus
- Flexible insurance package with health, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous vacation and CME benefits
- Flexible retirement program with match and corporate contribution
- Professional society dues and association fees
- Interview and relocation expenses
- Academic appointments available with University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford
- Award-winning health system provides wellness benefits, on-site day care, sick-child care, and concierge services.
- Malpractice with tail coverage options
- Riverfront community of 150,000 located less than 90 minutes from downtown Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee
- Award-winning park district and top-rated public and private schools proved a wonderful family environment
- Superb restaurants, exciting events, and eclectic arts community including theater, symphony, museums and dance
- Outdoor recreation, markets and ethnic festivals highlight the community's diversity
- "Sports Town USA" designation features every sport imaginable along with endless bike trails, and Golf Digest ranked golf courses
Have the perfect blend of work-life balance . This organization offers Onsite child care and sick child care, extensive wellness benefits including onsite massage, and a Concierge service that will help you manage your time including dry cleaning, oil changes, and shopping.
Enjoy the small-town atmosphere of a vibrant Riverfront community combined with quick access to the big-city amenities of Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee.
More Money and low cost of living. Enjoy a starting salary of up to $50,000 more than major metro areas, along with a cost of living at least 30% lower . You will gain a significant financial advantage for paying off student loans, buying a home, and planning for your future.
Your earnings will provide ample room for a great home in an educated community with outstanding schools, along with wealth accumulation and preservation opportunities. With a mean home price of $143,346, a stately 6-bedroom, 5-bath, 4,500 sq ft home with acreage can be yours for $449,000.
This organization is committed to recruiting and retaining the very best talent and will provide you with resources to be successful throughout your career. Enjoy an excellent income in a diverse community that values and appreciates you.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 73 miles: Chicago, IL (ORD / KORD) Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 91 miles: Milwaukee, WI (MKE / KMKE) General Mitchell International Airport
- 99 miles: Chicago, IL (MDW / KMDW) Chicago Midway International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 58 miles to Madison, WI
- 80 miles to Chicago, IL
- 81 miles to Milwaukee, WI
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 58 miles to Madison, WI
- 80 miles to Chicago, IL
- 81 miles to Milwaukee, WI
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living Index - 95.5
- City Cost of Living Index - 84.7
- Mean Housing Cost - $143,346
Colleges and Universities:
- Rock Valley College Rockford, Full-time enrollment: 6,269; Community College; Website: www.rockvalleycollege.edu
- Rockford University, Rockford, Full-Time enrollment: 1,182; Private liberal arts; Website: www.rockford.edu
- Northern Illinois University DeKalb, IL(about 28 miles) FT enrollment: 18,126; Website: http://niu.edu/index.shtml
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI(about 58 miles) Full-time enrollment: 34,621; https://www.wisc.edu/
- White 56.8%
- African American 21.0%
- Latino 16.6%
- Asian 2.7%
- Mixed 2.6%
- Other 0.2%
- State Income Tax Rate - 3.75%
- Median Property Tax - $3,318
- State Sales Tax Rate - 6.250%
- City Sales Tax Rate - 8.25%
- Manufacturing (27%)
- Retail trade (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Health care and social assistance (8%)
- Educational services (7%)
- Other services, except public administration (7%)
- Construction (7%)
Baseball, football, soccer, hockey, ice skating - Rockford has it all! How about league play for tennis, bocce, and pickleball? Try out your water skis at the West Rock wake park or hang more than ten at the local zip line park. Golf? Five public courses and three unbelievable country club courses.
RUNS & RIDES
With over 60 miles of developed rec paths circling Rockford, you can walk, ride, and bike along the river, through the largest state park in Illinois, and along abandoned rail lines.
PADDLE & HIKE
The Rockford area is a nature preserve wonderland wth over 10,000 acres of natural areas, lakes, rivers, and forests to explore including Rock Cut State Park, the largest in Illinois.
Arts & Culture:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens
- Coronado Performing Arts Center
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra
- Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center
- Rockford Art Museum
- Discovery Center Museum
- Burpee Museum of Natural History
- Rockford Dance Company
- Starlight Theatre
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Laurent House
Sports for the Spectator:
- As the top NHL minor league affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, the Rockford Ice Hogs sends players to the big league and sells out every game in their 5,600 seat arena.
- You're just an hour away from big ten sports with the University of Wisconsin Badgers in Madison and Northwestern University in Chicago.
- Major League sports are also an hour away including the Chicago Bears, Cubs, White Sox, and Blackhawks, or head to Milwaukee for a Brewers game.
Sports for the Participant:
- Recreational baseball, softball, volleyball, flag football, soccer and many other sports are offered though the Rockford Park District.
- Learn to ice skate or play ice hockey at one of two professional ice rinks.
- Saddle up for a horseback ride at Lockwood Park or practice your dressage and jumps at The Ledges Sporting Horses and Show Grounds.
- Join a league for golf, soccer, tennis, basketball, bocce, or the newest craze, pickleball.
- Cherryvale Mall offers more than 130 specialty stores including Chico's, Abercrombie, and Gymboree, along with children's activities and special events. Four anchor stores include Bergner's, J. C. Penney, Macy's and Sears.
- Many unique boutiques and specialty shops can be found in the historic downtown River District and in neighborhoods throughout Rockford.
- Antique lovers will find more than 30 antique shops, two major antique malls and many weekend shows and flea markets.
Top Five things to do:
- Anderson Japanese Gardens, recognized as one of the Top Japanese gardens in north America. https://andersongardens.org/
- Discovery Center Museum, honored as one of the top children's museums in the nation. http://discoverycentermuseum.org/
- Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens, an 11,000 sq. ft. tropical plant exhibition, surrounded by the Sinnissippi Rose Garden on the shore of the Rock River. https://www.nicholasconservatory.com/home
- Rockford City Market, held every Friday from May to October features local growers and vendors selling natural products, unique retail items, and delicious cuisine, live music, demonstrations, and kids' activities. http://www.rockfordcitymarket.com/
- The Coronado Performing Arts Center features Broadway and Off-Broadway shows and concerts by national and international performers. http://www.coronadopac.org/