Breast Surgery Opportunity in Tennessee
What you need to know
Job ID: 8691
- Seeks a Fellowship Trained BE/BC Breast Surgeon to join our well‐established team of thirty surgeons.
- The multidisciplinary team includes expertise in medical oncology, radiation oncology, genetic counseling,radiology, pathology, and plastic surgery all supported by a team of navigators.
- A dedicated breast health nurse practitioner focused on nonsurgical breast patients in Breast Clinic.
- Dedicated breast radiologists who perform mammography, ultrasound and MRI exams and core biopsies with each of the modalities.
- A dedicated breast cancer nurse coordinator.
- Access to partial, full and intra‐operative breast radiation.
- A large volume reconstructive service with a full spectrum of reconstructive choices.
- Supported by a full‐time surgicalist program reducing call burden and clinic interruptions.
- No weekday call.
- Night and weekend call rotates 1 in 5.
- Located in beautiful east Tennessee just minutes from the Smoky Mountains and with easy access to numerous deep‐water lakes and a mild climate offering all four seasons.
- Cultural amenities include Broadway and regional theater companies, symphony, orchestra, multiple music venues, Tennessee’s flagship university and the related nationally ranked sports programs.
- Knoxville maintains a strong economic base across multiple industries, including automotive, healthcare, government, education and technology with an MSA of over one million residents.
- We are only 3 hours from the major metropolitan hubs of Nashville and Atlanta.
- Competitive salary, partnership track, group health, dental, life, disability and retirement benefits
- Annual CME allowance
- Relocation package
Top Five Things to Do
- A visit to the Historic Market Place is one of the cool things to do in Knoxville. The marketplace has a great vibe with cafes, restaurants and good music to enjoy and to have fun with the family.
- Access to the Knoxville Riverfront. Enjoy a peaceful walk with the family along the Riverfront with views of the Neyland Stadium. This waterfront park has an opportunity to learn about the city with its historical stone markers, a marina nearby and restaurants.
- Enjoy the zoo at Knoxville. This zoo is located just east of downtown Knoxville with about 800 animals. Explore the different experiences such as the kids run kick-off, annual passes, and discount days.
- For a great place to explore nature visit Ijams Nature Center. This place has 10-miles of trails, rock formations, lakes and stunning views with a sanctuary just 3 miles away from the city.
- Explore the worlds fair park at Knoxville, TN. This park has many attractions. The attractions included are: the Candy Factory, a conglomeration of Victorian homes hosting arts and crafts shops, the Fort Kid -which is a large playground, the Knoxville Museum of Art, and the 26-story Sunsphere. Enjoy the views of the city and the amphitheater below.
What is nice to know.