Anesthesiology Position located in Lexington bedroom community with a $425,000 first year guarantee
What you need to know
Job ID: 9684
- Seeking a BE/BC general Anesthesiologist to join a thriving physician-owned Anesthesiology group.
- Bread and Butter Anesthesiology - see expected cases listed below.
- Must be comfortable with Thoracic cases
- Call is 1 in 7 primary call
- Two-year track to partnership
- Chronic Pain Management Sometimes
- Cardiac Anesthesia Never
- Thoracic Anesthesia Sometimes
- Major Vascular Anesthesia Unknown
- Obstetric Anesthesia Sometimes
- Pediatric Anesthesia Sometimes
- Neuroanesthesia Sometimes
- Trauma Anesthesia Sometimes
- Critical Care Medicine Never
- Anesthesia for outpatient surgery Usually
- Office based Anesthesia Never
- Administrative/ Leadership Duties Never
- Regional Anesthesia Sometimes
- Preop Screening Clinic Sometimes
- Orthopedic Anesthesia Usually
- Acute Pain Service Rarely
JOB INFORMATION AND DUTIES
- Will anesthesiologist be Medically Directing CRNAs or AAs? Never
- There is no medical direction or supervision. We are available to help CRNA's. Everyone is in a room doing their own cases.
- What percentage of the time will the anesthesiologist be personally providing anesthesia care? 100%
- Number of Anesthesiologists needed? 1
- Is this a Director of Department position? No
- Does this job lead to partnership? Negotiable
- Number of Full-time anesthesiologists? 6
- Number of Part-time anesthesiologists? 0
- Number of Full-time CRNAs? 6
- Number of Part-time CRNAs Number of AAs? 3
- Number of Anesthesia technicians? 1
- How often are CRNAs performing Operative Cases under medical direction of an anesthesiologist (as opposed to not medically directed)? Never
- How often are CRNAs performing Labor Epidurals under medical direction of an anesthesiologist (as opposed to not medically directed)? Never
- Subspecialty Fellowship Required? No
- Subspecialty Expertise (but not Fellowship) Required? Yes
- If subspecialty Expertise/ Fellowship required, which one(s)? Thoracic
- State License Required Yes
- ABA Certification Status Required
- Board Certified by the ABA-Yes
- Candidate in ABA exam system-Yes
- No ABA Certification Required Negotiable
- ABA Re-certification required every ten years-Yes
- New Graduates Acceptable? Yes
- Located approximately 35 miles southwest of Lexington and 75 miles southeast of Louisville.
- Enjoy the lifestyle with appeal for all: families, young professionals or a single physician.
- The four-season moderate climate makes this community a great place to call home in a beautiful bluegrass setting.
- Excellent educational system as well as easy access to collegiate sports venues, cultural arts, recreational waters and parks, and airports.
- Starting Income Guarantee of $425,000+
- 8 weeks vacation
- Profit sharing plan for retirement
- $2500 for CME
Top Five Things to Do
- Immerse yourself in the remarkable and unexpected history in the "City of First". The first Capital of Kentucky (1785), the first US Post Office west of the Alleghenies (1792) and the famed Dr. Ephraim McDowell was the first in the world to successfully remove an ovarian tumor in 1809.
- The Bourbon drinker will appreciate being located midway between Lexington and Louisville as locals like to call the Kentucky Bourbon Trail with each distillery within 90 miles.
- Come join the parties throughout the year as Danville and Boyle Country celebrate anything and everything including live brass band music, barbecue, rural heritage and history, the American Civil War, and more.
- Paint you face blue and white and head to watch the country's best collegiate Kentucky Wildcats basketball or wear your favorite red and black to cheer for University of Louisville football on the weekends less than 90 miles away.
- Stroll downtown on Main Street where you can spend a leisurely day shopping in many of our beautiful shops featuring local artists, jewelry, clothing, primitives and fine teas or confections. Next, head over to Perryville to find a treasure trove of antiques and one-of-a-kind finds.
What is nice to know.