Urgent Care Opportunity in Four-Season Recreational Paradise
What you need to know
Job ID: 8869
- Ideal candidate would be a flexible, team player who is invested in working together to achieve a terrific work-life balance for all involved.
- Desired Skill Set: Ability to multitask; strong critical thinking skills; strong interpersonal skills; focus on team-based care and working with Credentialed Practitioners; comfort with suturing and splinting; leadership skills/interest a plus.
- Seeking up to 1.0 FTE (benefits start at 0.6 FTE).
- 1.0 FTE = 150 hrs/month, 0.8 FTE = 120 hrs/month, 0.6 = 90 hrs/month. Shifts are 12, 8 & 4 hours.
- Very flexible scheduling. Calendar set 3-6 months in advance.
- Urgent care is currently open 10am-7pm on weekdays, 8am-5pm on weekends. Anticipated change to 8am-7pm on weekdays, 8am-5pm on weekends.
- No call, limited holidays, must work at least 1 weekend/month.
- Staffing/shift: 1 MD, 1 Credentialed Practitioner, 1 RN, 1 or 2 CAs
- Patients seen per day: low number is 35, high number 70
- Excellent support from specialists and ancillary services
- Collegial, experienced staff
- Types of cases: Acute care walk-in adults and pediatrics; respiratory illness, minor injuries including laceration repair, I&D, and foreign body removal; musculoskeletal injuries requiring radiology and splinting; non-life-threatening trauma; work comp
- Certified as HIMSS EMRAM (Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model) Level 7 for both our Inpatient and Ambulatory facilities
- BC/BE Family Practice or Emergency Medicine
- Current BLS
- Beautiful city with cultural amenities and international airport
- Duluth, MN located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits
- Relocation assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Minnesota's North Shore Scenic Drive
- Aerial Lift Bridge
- Enger Park and Tower
- Canal Park
What is nice to know.