Trauma Surgery Opening in a vibrant city, nestled along the Mississippi River
What you need to know
Job ID: 8568
- Opportunity for a fellowship-trained Trauma and Critical Care Surgeon
- Join three trauma surgeons for 1:4 call coverage.
- In addition to being an ACS Level II Trauma Center, the department has a fully accredited, five-year residency program with 3 categorical residents in training
- You will be an integral part of the ACGME accredited general surgery residency and local, regional and national educational activities.
- Join 12 Surgeons and 4 Associate Staff members in the Department of Surgery, as well as work with a highly skilled Trauma Services team.
- An innovative academic environment in partnership with the University of Wisconsin Medical School means you can enjoy the best of practicing in an academic medical center --teaching and research--in addition to patient care
- In an organization based on medical/administrative partnerships managing all aspects of the business, you can have a voice in the way things work
- We were the first health system in the nation to offset 100 percent of our energy cost by renewable sources and sustainable practices
- LaCrosse, WI, is a city of 52,000 with a metro ara of 120,000 in the Upper Mississippi River Valley, located between Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, and Madison, WI.
- The area offers unlimited, four-season recreational opportunities (biking, golf, hiking the bluffs and cross-country/downhill skiing).
- We have a great family environment
- with safe and high-quality schools, including two universities and a technical college. There are sport events, a local symphony orchestra, theaters, children's museum and a civic center.
- Excellent Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Loan Forgiveness
Top Five Things to Do
- Grandad Bluff
- Visit Riverside Park
- Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Segway Tours
- Dahl Auto Museum
What is nice to know.