Surgical Oncologist Opportunity in Tennessee
What you need to know
Job ID: 8707
- Seeks a fellowship trained Surgical Oncologist to join our well established team of thirty surgeons.
- Independent practice provides physicians the freedom to practice giving patients the widest range of healthcare options.
- The groups thirty physicians comprise the area’s largest private, independent surgical group
- Provide services at four of the area’s five hospitals
- Join an existing and well established surgical oncology practice
- Surgical opportunities include pancreas, hepatobiliary, endocrine, colorectal, breast, melanoma and sarcoma
- Supported by a full time surgicalist program reducing call burden and clinic interruptions
- Multiple tumor conferences each month across the system
- Live and work in beautiful Knoxville, TN; population of 200,000
- Home of the University of Tennessee
- Just minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Forest
- Metropolitan amenities such as airport, zoo, several museums, theater, unique shopping and dining
- No state income tax in Tennessee!
- Beautiful community with good schools and low cost of living
- Competitive salary, partnership track, group health, dental, life, disability and retirement benefits
- Annual CME allowance
- Relocation package
Top Five Things to Do
- A visit to the Historic Market Place is one of the cool things to do in Knoxville. The marketplace has a great vibe with cafes, restaurants and good music to enjoy and to have fun with the family.
- Access to the Knoxville Riverfront. Enjoy a peaceful walk with the family along the Riverfront with views of the Neyland Stadium. This waterfront park has an opportunity to learn about the city with its historical stone markers, a marina nearby and restaurants.
- Enjoy the zoo at Knoxville. This zoo is located just east of downtown Knoxville with about 800 animals. Explore the different experiences such as the kids run kick-off, annual passes, and discount days.
- For a great place to explore nature visit Ijams Nature Center. This place has 10-miles of trails, rock formations, lakes and stunning views with a sanctuary just 3 miles away from the city.
- Explore the worlds fair park at Knoxville, TN. This park has many attractions. The attractions included are: the Candy Factory, a conglomeration of Victorian homes hosting arts and crafts shops, the Fort Kid -which is a large playground, the Knoxville Museum of Art, and the 26-story Sunsphere. Enjoy the views of the city and the amphitheater below.
What is nice to know.