Sports Ortho Opportunity In Albuquerque, NM
Orthopedic Surgery: Sports
What you need to know
Job ID: 9828
- 100% Sports Medicine
- Knees, shoulders, ankles required
- All sports cases will be referred with centralized scheduling
- Solo Practice – replacement position
- PA is also first assist and helps with patient rounding
- Hospital call TBD but is primarily phone call
- Robust hospitalist program
- Blocked OR time available
- On-call rotation with a minimum of four days per month with an option for more days
- Ability to work with medical students. Clinic features include Ultrasound, Mini C-Arm, PRP, and Advanced Practice Practitioners to maximize clinic efficiency and volume
- The ability to work at multiple hospitals with different operating rooms
- Working collaborative with other general and fellowshipped orthopedic surgeons in total joint replacement and hand surgery
- A robust patient demographic population to include adolescents and geriatrics.
- Albuquerque is a charming city rich in culture, creative energy, and some of the best sunrises in the Southwest.
- A winter ski trip is always within a few hours’ drive and natural hot springs are sprinkled throughout the state.
- The best part is that the state of New Mexico is a lesser known treasure; with a reasonable cost of living and housing, a variety of cuisine to explore, and traffic mild enough to get across town in 15 minutes.
- Since 2013 Albuquerque has been mentioned and recognized over 175 times for the climate, culture, cost of living, biking and hiking trails, and best places to live, among other noteworthy mentions.
- Competitive salary with wrvu & call pay available
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision
- Generous Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance
- Annual Continuing Medical Education Allowance of $5000
- Life insurance options and both short-term and long-term disability programs.
- 401K employer match, contribution, and deferred compensation
- Paid time off (PTO)
Top Five Things to Do
- Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
- Globalquerque! Music Festival
- Sandia Peak Tramway
- The Petroglyph National Monument
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center
What is nice to know.