Seeking Medical Director/Primary Nephrologist – Kidney Transplant Program – Northern INDIANA
What you need to know
Job ID: 8723
- Seeking a visionary and dynamic Medical Director for its kidney transplant program in Indiana.
- This represents a unique opportunity in a rapidly growing market for the primary physician to work with our newly appointed program director to (re)build a regionally and nationally recognized kidney transplant program.
- The Medical Director for the Kidney Transplant Program will be responsible for all aspects of the medical care of ESRD patients referred for transplant and their post-transplant medical care.
- This position reports to the Abdominal Program Director for both clinical and administrative roles.
- The Medical Director will also have to opportunity to participate in or develop his/her research program within their areas of interest that align with programmatic goals and objectives.
- Board certified or eligible in nephrology by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Completion of an AST accredited transplant nephrology fellowship or equivalent training in transplant nephrology
- Qualify as “Primary Transplant Physician” under UNOS Bylaws
- Qualify for unrestricted medical licensure in the state of Indiana
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Fort Wayne is not only the hub of three rivers, it is also a major metropolitan area and the second largest city in Indiana.
- Fort Wayne continues to progress as corporations and individuals live, thrive and expand together. In fact during the 1980's and 1990's Fort Wayne received accolades as an All-American City and a Most Livable City.
- This small city of 250,000+ offers a wide variety of activities, including, minor league professional sports, arts & culture, recreation and shopping.
- Generous Compensation
- Full Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Fort Wayne Children's Zoo
- Parkview Field
- Allen County Public Library
- The Embassy Theatre
- Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
What is nice to know.