Seeking Critical Care/Intensivist – Northwest INDIANA – Near Chicago
Critical Care Intensivist
What you need to know
Job ID: 8406
- Seeking a Critical Care BC/BE Intensivist to join our team.
- New fellows welcome!
- Closed 32 bed general ICU
- Day/Night rotation with 7 on/7 off
- Full service community hospital, including Cardiology & CT Surgery, Neurosurgery, Pulmonology, General Surgery, Interventional Radiology (non-trauma)
- Experienced nursing staff
- All equipment needed for bedside procedures, including bedside ultrasound and difficult airway equipment
- Hospitalist service for general inpatient units
- Valparaiso is located approximately 50 miles east of Chicago with easy access to Interstate 94, Interstate 80, and Interstate 90 and Interstate 65 via Indiana Bypass 49 and U.S. Highway 30.
- The amenities of the City of Valparaiso include the nationally acclaimed Valparaiso University, which has repeatedly been rated a top university in the Midwest.
- The Valparaiso Community School system also is rated one of the best.
- Notre Dame, Purdue, and Indiana University campuses are close by.
- The city also offers competitive outpatient health care, up-to-date hospital facilities, and an outstanding system of local parks with programs for all ages.
- Just 20 minutes to the north of the city is Lake Michigan, with state and national parks and passenger service via train to Chicago and South Bend.
- Family-oriented community resulting in great quality of life
- Collaborative medical staff
- Competitive salary
- Commencement bonus
- Education loan assistance
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Moving allowance
Top Five Things to Do
- Taltree Arboretum and Gardens
- Chapel of the Resurrection
- Memorial Opera House
- Brauer Museum of Art Center for the Arts
- Chicago Street Theatre
What is nice to know.