Seeking Cardiothoracic Surgeon wanting to build a program and set the bar in SE Wisconsin
Surgery: Cardiothoracic and Vascular, Surgery: Thoracic
What you need to know
Job ID: 5966
- Seeking a BE/BC Cardiothoracic Surgeon to build program
- Opportunity is due to an upcoming retirement
- Serviced on ECMO but havent done onsite (yet)
- Currently, this facility doesn't have the PCI volumes to quality for payment in TAVR, but have done some valvuloplasties.
- Anticipates having resources to do TAVR in 2018-2019
- Currently perform 340 PCI cases a year, 1400 diagnostic caths. 60-70 open hearts, 60 lung, 120 thoracic cases.
- This is NOT a ready made program. It has precedence with cases done, but with the right leader to drive to hardwire excellence.
- Become the primary surgeon and help build a high quality, responsible and valuable program.
- Just over an hour from Metropolitan living of Milwaukee, Chicago and easy access into Madison
- Take advantage of higher compensation and lower cost of living
- Wisconsin is consistently rated as one of the country's best places to live and raise a family
- Three Multi-billion companies headquartered in community
- Excellent School systems
- Outdoor recreation, special event facilities, biking and hiking paths utilized on a year round basis
- Opportunity for higher education with Universities and Colleges
- Generous Guaranteed Salary
- Opportunity to earn in the top 10% in the nation
- Comprehensive benefit package, including: dental, vision, life, disability, malpractice, 403b retirement with corporate contribution and match, vacation/CME time and more!
Top Five Things to Do
- Join the town in late February for the 13th annual International Film Festival that the New York Times calling BIFF, a festival with a unique goal of returning the spirit of film festivals golden era".
- The three-day Winterfest brings an Open skate, along with Free Skates at Edwards Ice Arena, Free Snowshoeing at Big Hill Park and wraps up with a Sleigh Ride up and around Big Hill Park.
- Enjoy a 46-year tradition of the Folks and Blues Festival as summer comes to a close.
- Jump in the car for a short drive to catch a Milwaukee Brewers game, enjoy the sports, arts and entertainment in the magic of Chicago or paint your face red and white to cheer the Badgers to championships on Saturday.
- Enjoy the Nature preserves of the Confluence with 34.4 acre park and learning center that combines hands-on learning and ecology, science with recreational hiking, biking, boating.
What is nice to know.