Seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgeon for Midwest University Town!
Surgery: Cardiothoracic and Vascular
What you need to know
Job ID: 7680
- Seeking a 3rd Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join an established, thriving, collaborative practice, committed to serving the residents of the southern Illinois community.
- Extensive Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular skills desired
- A dedicated heart team that includes 11 Cardiologists: 6 diagnostic, 5 interventional, and 1 EP
- Celebrating over 10 Years of Open Heart Surgery
- State-of-the-art equipment includes da Vinci Robot, PAC System, and Diagnostics
- Accredited Chest Pain Center Cycle III
- 4 Cardiac Catheterization labs; one biplane lab: 24/7 coverage
- 8-bed CVICU
- Thriving TAVR program
- Excellent collaboration with our 3 full-time, employed Pulm/CC physicians
- 3 dedicated perfusionists
- System-wide utilization of EPIC
- Charming Midwest City nestled within a Division 1 University Campus
- Enjoys a steady population of 26,179 (2016)
- With student population in academic year adding 12,182 people
- Community enjoys abundant parks, trails, recreation activities with a Super Splash Park for the family to enjoy water fun.
- A vibrant arts and active Symphony Orchestra since 1907 contributes to the culture and music of the community.
- Athletic fans enjoy a Division 1 football and basketball programs that have been in top ranks in conference and division as well as NCAA tournament appearances.
- Outstanding salary
- Sign-on bonus
- Productivity bonus
- Student loan assistance
- Relocation expenses
- 27 paid days of vacation/yr
- 5 CME days with up to $2,000 allowance/yr
Top Five Things to Do
- Catching a Rival Football Game against Western Illinois or Illinois State for top of the MVFC (Missouri Valley Football Conference)
- Enjoy a Symphony with the Southern Illinois Symphony Orchestra (SISO)
- Kayak and Canoe on Cedar Lake
- Enjoy the Du Quoin State Fair only 20 miles away
- Be merry at the Irish Festival
What is nice to know.