Radiology – Interventional Job in Altoona, PA
What you need to know
Job ID: 7058
- Seeking BC/BE (within 5 years of completing residency/fellowship) general radiologist to step into busy, fully established, practice.
- Radiologist Practice, is comprised of a total of 16 Radiologists: 11 full-time and 5 part-time.
- By specialty, the Group is comprised of 8 Neuroradiology/MSK/Body Imaging; 2 Mammographers (each part-time), 4 interventional radiologists, and 2 nuclear medicine/PET radiologists.
- The Group provides 200,000+ “reads” per year. Recruitment is underway due to pending retirements and practice growth.
- Blue Knob Ski Resort, Lake Raystown,
- Double A Pittsburgh Pirate Affiliate Altoona Curve Baseball
- Several State parks for camping,
- Fly fishing, boating, hiking, local amusement parks, several golf courses and country clubs,
- Rails to Trails,
- Penn State football, individual and family outdoor sports
- Galactic Ice indoor ice skating
- And much more!
- Very competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Relocation Assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Immerse yourself into this charming, historical railroad town and transportation gateway, with roots as a company town for the Pennsylvania Railroad, and active railroad heritage sights such as the Altoona's Railroaders Memorial Museum and the Horseshoe Curve.
- Put on your winter wear and dust off the snow ski's and head to the Blue Knob Ski Resort for downhill and cross country skiing and fun.
- You get to be in your own " A River Run's Through It" movie scene and head to local streams and waterway for Fly Fishing, camping and boating.
- Paint your face blue and white, wear your favorite Penn State colors and head 43 miles north to watch the great Nittany Lion's play football on a Saturday, basketball in the winter and lacrosse in the Spring.
- Enjoy the festivals, music events and celebrations at the Blair Country Fairgrounds, and take in the year around performing arts at the Historic Mishler Theater.
What is nice to know.