Obstetrics & Gynecology Opening in Knoxville, TN
What you need to know
Job ID: 9780
- We are looking to hire a 7th general Ob/Gyn ASAP and an 8th general Ob/Gyn to start summer 2022
- Private practice, hospital-employed
- About 1,700-1,800 deliveries annually
- Call is split evenly with a plan for roughly 1:7 to 1:8 weekends and weekdays, Post-call day is off
- We deliver at only 1 hospital
- We have 2 robots
- Live and work in beautiful Knoxville, TN; population of 200,000
- Home of the University of Tennessee
- Just minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Forest
- Metropolitan amenities such as airport, zoo, several museums, theater, unique shopping and dining
- No state income tax in Tennessee!
- Beautiful community with good schools and low cost of living
- Signing bonus up to $25,000
- Up to $10,000 in moving expenses
- Starting salary of $275,000
- No state income-tax (Savings of ~ $14,000 - $19,000) annually
- 401k with 6% match up to the maximum allowed by law (~$19,000/yr)
Top Five Things to Do
- A visit to the Historic Market Place is one of the cool things to do in Knoxville. The marketplace has a great vibe with cafes, restaurants and good music to enjoy and to have fun with the family.
- Access to the Knoxville Riverfront. Enjoy a peaceful walk with the family along the Riverfront with views of the Neyland Stadium. This waterfront park has an opportunity to learn about the city with its historical stone markers, a marina nearby and restaurants.
- Enjoy the zoo at Knoxville. This zoo is located just east of downtown Knoxville with about 800 animals. Explore the different experiences such as the kids run kick-off, annual passes, and discount days.
- For a great place to explore nature visit Ijams Nature Center. This place has 10-miles of trails, rock formations, lakes and stunning views with a sanctuary just 3 miles away from the city.
- Explore the worlds fair park at Knoxville, TN. This park has many attractions. The attractions included are: the Candy Factory, a conglomeration of Victorian homes hosting arts and crafts shops, the Fort Kid -which is a large playground, the Knoxville Museum of Art, and the 26-story Sunsphere. Enjoy the views of the city and the amphitheater below.
What is nice to know.