Neurosurgeon needed on beautiful Lake Cumberland
What you need to know
Job ID: 5771
- This employed opportunity is to join an existing practice with 2 neurosurgeons.
- All candidates must be BE/BC and practice general neurosurgery, additional fellowship training is welcome.
- 5 star top rated program with a Neurology ICU and a dedicated team on the floor and in the OR.
- Certified Stroke Center through JCAHO
- Imagine living in a beautiful community that is only 2.5 hours to Nashville, a little over 1 hour to Lexington and 2 hours to Bowling Green!
- Located just minutes from I-75, Somerset has a strong and solid business climate.
- This part of Kentucky is known as the houseboat capital of the world, with the majority of houseboats being manufactured in the immediate area.
- Somerset is home to beautiful Lake Cumberland, a 65,000-acre lake with 1,200 miles of shoreline.
- Lake Cumberland offers a wealth of recreational opportunities and provides excellent fishing for crappie, bass and other types of fish.
- Water sports from sailing and water skiing to house-boating are all popular on the lake.
- General Burnside Island State Park, Kentuckys only state park located on an island, provides a peaceful retreat for campers, boaters, golfers and fishermen, with a campground and an 18-hole golf course.
- Four additional golf courses are located in the community.
- Just minutes south is Cumberland Falls State Park.
- Known as the Niagara of the South, Cumberland Falls boasts the only Moonbow in the Western Hemisphere, as well as white-water rafting, hiking and canoeing.
- Daniel Boone National Forest also offers exciting outdoor activities with more than 704,000 acres of mostly rugged terrain, with steep forested ridges, narrow ravines, 3,400 miles of sandstone cliffs and 600 miles of beautiful trails.
- The new physician can expect a generous salary
- Production incentives
- Sign on bonus
- Relocation expenses and full benefits that include health, dental, vision, STD, LTD, life, CME days and stipend, paid vacation, 401k and more.
Top Five Things to Do
- Lake Cumberland
- Cedar Creek Vineyards
- 27 Drive in
- Woodhouse Day Spa
What is nice to know.