Interventional Cardiology opportunity with exceptional compensation located in the heart of IL
What you need to know
- Interventional Cardiologist wanted to provide Interventional Cardiology medical care to patients suffering from various illnesses and diseases of the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Service area of 350,000
- Diverse community setting with university, airport and much more
- Amenities at your fingertips for schooling, shopping, dining, class A Baseball, Symphony and Opera
- Access to Chicago and St. Louis
This Interventional Cardiology opportunity is ideally suited for the talented BE/BC desiring substantial starting salaries upwards of $125,000 greater than those compensated in Chicago markets, while living in the heart of Illinois, nestled along the Illinois river.
You also want your hard work, talents and earnings to go the distance and build a strong financial future. With the average home price (in 2017) of $115,500, and an impressive 5-bedroom/5-bath residence recently selling for $ 329,000, you will be able to invest and spend wisely, and enjoy the abundant vacation time provide with trips where ever the interest lies.
This vibrant Midwest city of just over 115,000 people welcomes new comers with plenty of activities for the water enthusiast, the sports fan (Minor league baseball team/stadium), music lovers with the Limelight Complex attracting regional and national music acts, and abundant local eateries, distilleries and several regional wineries.
This organization is committed to its doctors The Entire Employee Staff And Enjoys Long Term Retention Of Its Key Physician Personnel Due To Exceptional Compensation And Quality Of Life Provided By The Community
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 159 miles: Chicago, IL (MDW / KMDW)Chicago Midway International Airport
- 167 miles: Chicago, IL (ORD / KORD) Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- 177 miles: Saint Louis, MO (STL / KSTL) Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 131 miles to Chicago, IL
- 146 miles to Saint Louis, MO
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 131 miles to Chicago, IL
- 146 miles to Saint Louis, MO
Cost of Living:
- 95.5 21st lowest nationally (National avg is 100)
- City Cost of Living Index 84.5
- Median Housing Cost $161,621
Colleges and Universities:
- Bradley University (Full-time enrollment: 5,152; Located in Peoria, IL)
- Methodist College (FT enrollment: 619; Located in Peoria, IL)
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing (FT enrollment: 472; Located in Peoria, IL)
- Illinois Central College (about 5 miles; East Peoria, IL; Full-time enrollment: 7,158)
- Heartland Community College (about 34 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 3,958)
- Illinois State University (about 36 miles; Normal, IL; FT enrollment: 18,804)
- White (57.9%)
- Black (25.7%)
- Hispanic (6.0%)
- Asian alone (5.7%)
- Two or more races (4.4%)
- State Income Tax Rate 3.75%, 11th out of 51 states
- State Sales Tax Rate 6.250%
- City Sales Tax Rate 1.75%
- County Tax Rate 0.50%
- Manufacturing (25%)
- Health care and social assistance (11%)
- Retail trade (9%)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (7%)
- Accommodation and food services (7%)
- Educational services (6%)
- Construction (6%)
- Par-a-Dice Riverboat Casino
- Proctor Recreation Center
- RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center - Recreation space with a variety of fitness options, including climbing, basketball & cycling.
Arts & Culture:
- The Lakeview Museum of Arts and Sciences houses permanent collections of Illinois folk art and African art, a planetarium, and a children's Discovery Center.
- The African American Hall of Fame is devoted to the collection, study, and exhibition of African American life and culture.
- Peoria Symphony
- Peoria Ballet Company
- Opera Illinois
- Theater in Peoria is represented by such organizations as Corn Stock Theatre, Peoria Players, Eastlight Theatre, One World Theatre Company, and Zellmer's Dinner Theater.
Sports for the Spectator:
- The Peoria Chiefs, a Class A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, are league leaders each year in home game attendance.
- David Lamb, author of Stolen Season, numbers the Chiefs' stadium among his ten favorite places to watch a ball game.
- The Peoria Rivermen compete in the East Coast Hockey League and play their home games in the modern indoor facility, the Peoria Civic Center. Both Bradley University and Illinois Central College field competitive basketball teams.
- The annual Steamboat Classic attracts world-class, international middle-distance runners.
- Racing fans enjoy the Grand National TT Motorcycle Race in August.
Sports for the Participant:
- The Peoria Pleasure Driveway and Park District consists of nearly 9,000 acres providing facilities for outdoor and indoor sports.
- 7 golf courses
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- 39 public tennis courts.
- Two artificial ice-skating rinks
- An archery range,
- BMX bicycle racing course
- Horseshoe pits
- Shuffleboard courts
- Shooting range.
- Peoria Lake offers fishing and boating.
- The Par-A-Dice Riverboat Casino, docked in East Peoria, offers high-stakes gambling on the scenic Illinois River.
- Northwoods Mall
- The Shops at Grand Prairie
- Peoria Riverfront
Top Five things to do:
- Join the town in late February for the 13th annual International Film Festival that the New York Times calling BIFF, a festival with a unique goal of returning the spirit of film festivals golden era".
- The three-day Winterfest brings an Open skate, along with Free Skates at Edwards Ice Arena, Free Snowshoeing at Big Hill Park and wraps up with a Sleigh Ride up and around Big Hill Park.
- Enjoy a 46-year tradition of the Folks and Blues Festival as summer comes to a close.
- Jump in the car for a short drive to catch a Milwaukee Brewers game, enjoy the sports, arts and entertainment in the magic of Chicago or paint your face red and white to cheer the Badgers to championships on Saturday.
- Enjoy the Nature preserves of the Confluence with 34.4 acre park and learning center that combines hands-on learning and ecology, science with recreational hiking, biking, boating.