Hospitalist Opportunity in this Beautiful Historic City of Pennsylvania
What you need to know
Job ID: 9798
- Seeking an exciting hospital medicine career opportunity are invited to apply for this newly created Lead Hospitalist position
- This physician will work with a team of 25 physicians and 16 APPs, carrying out the same physician clinical duties
- We offer exceptional career growth opportunities and stability as part of a financially strong and thriving world-class health system
- Work schedule is 7 days on, 7 days off, 12-hour shifts, with night call covered by nocturnists
- Each physician starting census averages 16-18 adult inpatients per day. Intensivist Service covers ICU
- No OB or peds
- No procedures, and no responsibility for code response.
- Blue Knob Ski Resort, Lake Raystown,
- Double A Pittsburgh Pirate Affiliate Altoona Curve Baseball
- Several State parks for camping,
- Fly fishing, boating, hiking, local amusement parks, several golf courses and country clubs,
- Rails to Trails,
- Penn State football, individual and family outdoor sports
- Galactic Ice indoor ice skating
- And much more!
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package
- Occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Employer-funded retirement plan
- Paid health/dental/vision insurance
- Life/disability insurance
- And more
Top Five Things to Do
- Immerse yourself into this charming, historical railroad town and transportation gateway, with roots as a company town for the Pennsylvania Railroad, and active railroad heritage sights such as the Altoona's Railroaders Memorial Museum and the Horseshoe Curve.
- Put on your winter wear and dust off the snow ski's and head to the Blue Knob Ski Resort for downhill and cross country skiing and fun.
- You get to be in your own " A River Run's Through It" movie scene and head to local streams and waterway for Fly Fishing, camping and boating.
- Paint your face blue and white, wear your favorite Penn State colors and head 43 miles north to watch the great Nittany Lion's play football on a Saturday, basketball in the winter and lacrosse in the Spring.
- Enjoy the festivals, music events and celebrations at the Blair Country Fairgrounds, and take in the year around performing arts at the Historic Mishler Theater.
What is nice to know.