Hematologist/Oncologist Needed for Thriving Practice
What you need to know
Job ID: 8424
- Seeking a hematologist/oncologist for the region’s leading cancer program based in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
- 4 day work week
- Progressive patient support programs such as disease-specific nurse navigators, genetic counseling, clinical research, cancer outreach services, regional patient housing, and nutrition and social services
- Disease-specific tumor conferences and multi-disciplinary clinics
- Supported by a referral base of over 190 employed Group PCPs and specialists
- Hospitalists routinely admit patients
- Fellowship trained, board certified oncology pharmacists
- Accredited by ACOS Commission on Cancer
- There is no income tax in Tennessee, and property taxes are very reasonable.
- The cost of housing is 21% below the national average and housing quality and choices are outstanding.
- Physicians here live in urban lofts, lakeside homes, townhouses, luxury log cabins, golf-course homes, suburban neighborhoods, planned communities and, occasionally, on their boats.
- Schools are excellent. The school systems have achievement scores above state averages. There are also dozens of private schools from pre-school Montessori to outstanding K-12 college preparatory schools with 100% college admission rates. The area has four community colleges and ten four-year institutions.
- Competitive base salary with generous sign-on and RVU bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
- Generous CME allowance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Flexible relocation assistance
- Educational loan forgiveness available
Top Five Things to Do
- The Apple Barn.
- CLIMB Works Smoky Mountains.
- Dolly Parton Statue.
- Smoky Mountain Deer Farm & Exotic Petting Zoo.
- Tennessee Legend Distillery
What is nice to know.