General Surgery position opportunity located in Western Illinois
What you need to know
Job ID: 6646
- Seeking a BE/BC General Surgeon will provide general surgical services in an acute-care,
critical access hospital setting.
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of chronic and acute conditions using minimally invasive surgical interventions to treat cancer, abdominal and bowel conditions including acute cholecystitis and hernia, endocrine disorders, and trauma and burns.
- Promote the use of laparoscopic techniques whenever appropriate within the facility including
dialysis catheter insertion.
- The General Surgeon may engage in pediatric surgery, surgical oncology, emergency surgery or vascular surgery and will provide surgical critical care.
- The General Surgeon will provide trauma coverage for the medical facility.
- Enjoy a community with a diverse educational system, including Public/private schools, technical, community college and four year private university.
- Gorgeous riverfront to historic neighborhoods, plenty of restaurants, and abudant shopping
- Direct from Training: $300,000/year plus productivity incentive bonus plan.
- Forgivable loan for educational debt considered.
- With Practice Experience: $325,000 $350,000/year based on experience; plus productivity incentive bonus plan
- Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance included
- Benefits: Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD & D insurance, malpractice coverage with tail, 403(b) pension plan plus 457(b) tax-deferral option, employee child care center, 4 weeks annual paid time off (increases to six weeks after two years) plus one week of CME time, $5,000 annual professional expense allowance, and more.
Top Five Things to Do
- All Wars Museum
- Villa Kathrine
- Quincy Museum
- John Wood Mansion
- 9/11 Memorial
What is nice to know.