General Surgery position located 2 hours from Austin, Houston and San Antonio
What you need to know
Job ID: 8157
Searching for a board-certified General Surgeon to join a busy existing practice.
- Shared call coverage is available and candidates must be available to commence practice in 2019.
- Victoria's economy is a mix of education, health, retail, agriculture, and industry.
- Major industrial employers in the region include Formosa Plastics Corp, Inteplast Group, Dow, Invista, and Alcoa.
- 2 hour drive from Austin, Houston, and San Antonio
- Population of around 80,000
- Multiple entertainment/cultural attractions including, The Texas Zoo; Victoria Ballet Theatre; Victoria Fine Arts Center; A local symphony; Various recreational/outdoor spots; Coleto Creek Reservoir; Palmetto State Park; Lake Texana; Matagorda Bay
- Commencement bonuses available
- Relocation opportunities
- CME and Medical Licensure expenses covered
- Medical Education
- Stipend for physicians still in training
Top Five Things to Do
- Nave Museum
- Children's Discovery Museum
- Texas Zoo
- Deleon Plaza
- Riverside Walk
What is nice to know.