Excellent Opportunity for a BE/BC General Surgeon – Surgicalist Model – Carbondale, IL
What you need to know
Job ID: 10199
- General Surgeon needed to provide inpatient surgical services, as well as, same-day (outpatient) surgery and diagnostic procedures.
- Surgical team offers advanced care through the latest minimally-invasive techniques, such as laparoscopic surgery.
- State of-the-Art Equipment includes Di Vinci Robotics, Diagnostics, and EMR
- not-for-profit and the largest provider of charity care and community benefits in southern Illinois
- Region's largest and most accomplished healthcare system with over 3,800 employees including over 300 employed providers
- System-wide Epic EMR
- 350,000 patient population
- Charming Midwest City nestled within a Division 1 University Campus
- Enjoys a steady population of 26,179 (2016)
- With student population in academic year adding 12,182 people
- Community enjoys abundant parks, trails, recreation activities with a Super Splash Park for the family to enjoy water fun.
- A vibrant arts and active Symphony Orchestra since 1907 contributes to the culture and music of the community.
- Athletic fans enjoy a Division 1 football and basketball programs that have been in top ranks in conference and division as well as NCAA tournament appearances.
- Competitive salary
- Productivity bonus
- Quality bonus
- Sign on bonus
- Student loan assistance
- Moving expenses
- Paid CME days with allowance
- 27 days paid vacation
Top Five Things to Do
- Catching a Rival Football Game against Western Illinois or Illinois State for top of the MVFC (Missouri Valley Football Conference)
- Enjoy a Symphony with the Southern Illinois Symphony Orchestra (SISO)
- Kayak and Canoe on Cedar Lake
- Enjoy the Du Quoin State Fair only 20 miles away
- Be merry at the Irish Festival
What is nice to know.