Enjoy Autonomy, Satisfaction and Freedom in this great Radiology opportunity in Missouri!
What you need to know
- Recruiting for an additional full time BE/BC Diagnostic Radiologist with 5 or more years’ experience to join a great employed group with 4 other Radiologists
- While the primary need is for another FT Radiologist working a rotation of 8 am – 5 pm or 12 pm – 9 pm with 1:4 weekend coverage, other schedule options may be available including part time and PRN opportunities
- You can expect to read between 100-130 cases per day
- A home read station is provided for evening and weekend shifts.
- McKesson PACS and Powerscribe 360 is utilized by the Radiologists team to provide reads throughout the system including: 13 Primary Care Clinics, a busy Orthopedic practice, Outpatient Imaging Center and in the Hospital.
- General Diagnostic Radiology: Plain Film – 60%, CT – 20%, PET – 7%, Ultrasound – 6%, MRI – 5%, Nuclear - 2%
- While this position is primarily General Diagnostic Radiology, the ability to perform Interventional procedures is required as well including: Paracentesis, Thoracentesis, CT Biopsy, Ultrasound Biopsy, Drainages, Arthrograms – wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, Myelograms, Nephrostomy tube and drainages, GI Exams, GI Procedures, Lumbar Punctures, Cystogram
- The Medical staff boasts physician satisfaction rating in the top 10 percent nationwide!
- Sign on Bonus
- Retirement and profit sharing opportunities
- Paid time off – 12 weeks per year
- Medical, dental, life and malpractice insurance
- CME allowance
- Relocation assistance
- Located only 30 minutes from Springfield, and within driving distance of Branson, Kansas City, and Saint Louis, Bolivar enjoys access to an array of attractions, events, and big-city conveniences.
- Bolivar is a great place to live and work with award-winning schools, affordable housing, safe neighborhoods, and a growing economy.
- Fishing or boating at nearby Stockton and Pomme de Terre Lakes, play a round at the Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club or the Bolivar Golf club, take a swim at the Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA, or get on your bicycle for a ride down the beautiful Frisco Highline Trail. Bolivar is also home to the beautiful Dunnegan Memorial Park and the John Playter Memorial Park.
- Previously been named as one of the Safest Small Towns in America and also, as one of the Best Small Towns in America.
- Bolivar is a family-friendly, small town that has something for everyone. So whether youre planning a visit, starting a business, or relocating, Bolivar has it all.
- Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Compensation . The Starting Salary is $25,000 To $50,000 more compared to starting Radiology salaries in Kansas/ Tulsa. Coupled with a cost of living of 20% lower than the aforementioned metropolitan areas, provides significant purchasing power to build their dream home, payoff school loans and retire early.
The Housing Market . This small community offers a variety of homeownership opportunities with properties at cost of $349,000 with 5 beds, 5 baths, 3,695 sqft; spacious with a modern look can be yours. If you're looking for a luxury estate, a modest single-family home, or a townhouse, Bolivar has it.
The Community Bolivar offers residents a low cost of living, sunny weather, lots of local amenities and lots of opportunities for outdoor recreation such as fishing, hunting, camping and boating, public parks, tennis and a public pool. Annual events throughout the city that bring the residents together, and the real estate market has many options for future residents.
The Employer . This organization is committed to the doctors as indicated by the ratings received on physician satisfaction. The Mission Lifeline STEMI Quality Award recognition exemplifies the extraordinary commitment of this hospital to ensure quality care for STEMI and cardiac resuscitation patients. This reflects their outstanding performance.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 164 Miles: Kansas City, MO (MCI/KMCI) Kansas City International Airport
- 212 Miles: St Louis, MO (STL/ KSTL) Lambert - St. Louis International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 121 Miles to Kansas City, MO
- 174 Miles to Tulsa, OK
- 189 Miles to Saint Louis, MO
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 121 Miles to Kansas City, MO
- 174 Miles to Tulsa, OK
- 189 Miles to Saint Louis, MO
Cost of Living:
- State Cost of Living 89.9
- City Cost of Living Index 82.5
- Median Housing Cost $122,664
Colleges and Universities:
- Southwest Baptist University (Full-time enrollment: 2,783; Location: 1600 University Ave; Private, not-for-profit; Offers Doctor's degree)
- Drury University (about 28 miles; Springfield, MO; Full-time enrollment: 3,902)
- Evangel University (about 29 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 2,036)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (about 29 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 10,356)
- Missouri State University-Springfield (about 30 miles; Springfield, MO; FT enrollment: 16,660)
- Missouri Southern State University (about 68 miles; Joplin, MO; FT enrollment: 4,456)
- Pittsburg State University (about 73 miles; Pittsburg, KS; FT enrollment: 6,838)
- White (91.4%)
- Hispanic (3.5%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- Black alone (1.7%)
- American Indian alone (1.2%)
- Asian alone (0.1%)
- State Income Tax Rate 1.5 to 6% ,17 out of 51
- State Sales Tax Rate 4.23%
- City Sales Tax Rate 2.50%
- County Tax Rate 1.38%
- Accommodation and food services (14%)
- Retail trade (13%)
- Educational services (12%)
- Manufacturing (10%)
- Health care and social assistance (9%)
- Other services, except public administration (9%)
- Public administration (7%)
- Visit Silo Ridge Country Club-18 hole championship golf course
- Enjoy the Country Days Festival. This fun festival features local vendors, food trucks and musical performances held every year. Come and enjoy everything that Bolivar has to offer for all family members.
Arts & Culture:
- Visit and be part of the Cherokee Spring Arts and Cultural Show Festival celebrated during April 29, through Sunday, May 1, at the Polk County Fairgrounds, Bolivar.The have arts and crafts with lots of vendors and entertainment.
- Join the annual classic car show, the Cruise-in's- with food, entertainment and music at the Fall Festival Country Days in Bolivar.
- Enjoy the theater productions at the SBU Theater. SBU theater produces four mainstage productions each year and other events such as improv shows, student plays and one-act plays.
Sports for the Spectator:
- The Plaster Stadium at SBU is a 3,000-capacity stadium in Bolivar. This stadium serves as home to Southwest Baptist University's football team.
- The Dodson Field is the home to the Bearcat Baseball team in Bolivar.
- John Q. Hammons court is home to the Bearcat Basketball for Men & Women teams and Volleyball teams located at the Southwest Baptist University campus.
Sports for the Participant:
- Splash Park with Basketball Courts
- Golf Courses: 1 Public/1Private
- Public Parks: 7
- Skate Park
- 1 Country Club
- Public Tennis Courts: 10
- Frisco Highline Trail for Walking & Biking
- Access to Stockton Lake & Pomme de Terre Lake
- YMCA: Softball/Baseball & Soccer
- The Battlefield Mall (located 31 miles away from Bolivar)
- C-Street Historic District
Top Five things to do:
- Visit the amazing antique shops and flea markets that Bolivar has to offer. If you love to hunt for the next collector's item and enjoy antiques, the Bolivar's antique shops offer a huge variety of collectibles. In particular, the Country Classic Antiques Shop. This place has vintage furniture, collectibles, home decorative items and classic cars, trucks and tractors for everyone's enjoyment.
- Walk the Dunnegan Memorial Park. The Dunnegan park has beautiful sites for the enjoyment of the family. In this place you can find four pavilions with electricity, water, restrooms, recreational equipment among other things.
- Enjoy the Dunnegan Gallery of Art. If you love the contemporary arts, this place offers nice collections and is open 5 days a week.
- The Bean 3:16 offers excellent coffee options with a variety of sandwiches.
- Brenda's Cafe. In this place you can find breakfast and lunch options.Brenda's Cafe is a family owned local restaurant located in the heart of downtown Bolivar.