Enjoy Autonomy, Satisfaction and Freedom in this great Geriatric Psychiatry opportunity!
What you need to know
Job ID: 8547
- Seeking a BC/BE Geriatric Psychiatrist to join its growing Psychiatry team.
- This is a great opportunity to join a system that is committed to the mental health of its 120,000 patients in the 9 county service area that serves in Southwest and West Central Missouri.
- 20 bed Inpatient Geriatric Program and also provides care in the 6 nursing homes owned as well as in 13 Primary Care clinics. We have developed a very busy ECT program and welcome your participation as we continue to grow the services we provide!
- The structure of this position is flexible and can include 7 on 7 off scheduling or a normal 5 day work week with weekend and holiday call rotation.
- Located only 30 minutes from Springfield, and within driving distance of Branson, Kansas City, and Saint Louis, Bolivar enjoys access to an array of attractions, events, and big-city conveniences.
- Bolivar is a great place to live and work with award-winning schools, affordable housing, safe neighborhoods, and a growing economy.
- Fishing or boating at nearby Stockton and Pomme de Terre Lakes, play a round at the Silo Ridge Golf & Country Club or the Bolivar Golf club, take a swim at the Aqua Zone at the Roy Blunt YMCA, or get on your bicycle for a ride down the beautiful Frisco Highline Trail. Bolivar is also home to the beautiful Dunnegan Memorial Park and the John Playter Memorial Park.
- Previously been named as one of the Safest Small Towns in America and also, as one of the Best Small Towns in America.
- Bolivar is a family-friendly, small town that has something for everyone. So whether youre planning a visit, starting a business, or relocating, Bolivar has it all.
- Bolivar R-I School District has a AAA rating and features four award-winning campuses. Most recently, Bolivar High School was nominated for the National Blue Ribbon Award by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Very competitive salary with RVU bonus
- Great schedule
- Sign on Bonus
- Retirement and profit sharing opportunities
- Medical, dental, life and malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Resident/Fellowship Stipend available
- CME allowance
- Loan assistance for those who qualify
- Relocation assistance
Top Five Things to Do
- Visit the amazing antique shops and flea markets that Bolivar has to offer. If you love to hunt for the next collector's item and enjoy antiques, the Bolivar's antique shops offer a huge variety of collectibles. In particular, the Country Classic Antiques Shop. This place has vintage furniture, collectibles, home decorative items and classic cars, trucks and tractors for everyone's enjoyment.
- Walk the Dunnegan Memorial Park. The Dunnegan park has beautiful sites for the enjoyment of the family. In this place you can find four pavilions with electricity, water, restrooms, recreational equipment among other things.
- Enjoy the Dunnegan Gallery of Art. If you love the contemporary arts, this place offers nice collections and is open 5 days a week.
- The Bean 3:16 offers excellent coffee options with a variety of sandwiches.
- Brenda's Cafe. In this place you can find breakfast and lunch options.Brenda's Cafe is a family owned local restaurant located in the heart of downtown Bolivar.
What is nice to know.