Chief Medical Officer position near Lexington, Kentucky
What you need to know
Job ID: 8129
- Seeking a Chief Medical Officer to serve as a transformational leader to move the organization towards new levels of excellence in its relationships, clinical effectiveness, operational effectiveness and safety.
- Through both formal and informal linkages between key stakeholders (board members, medical staff, affiliate staff, leadership) fosters team work and promotes evidence-based practice.
- Align all facilities, medical staff relationships and functions.
- Participate in defining and implementing the organization and medical staff strategic plan.
- Provide administrative support to the Physician Recruitment Committee and the Credentials Committee as well as establishes goals and objectives for the development, establishment and coordination of comprehensive medical staff services.
- Function as a member of the Quality of Care Committee to the Board and the Senior Leadership Team and routinely attends the Board of Director meetings.
- Work closely with the organized medical staffs and their leaders, serving as a member of key committees such as the Peer Review Committee and others as requested.
- Foster and contribute to a close and mutually beneficial relationship between the medical staffs, health system management and the Board of Directors.
- Exhibit the F.I.R.S.T. Values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Board Certified M.D. or D.O. with course work in healthcare administration preferred.
- Prior service as a Medical Staff Officer and a minimum of three years in progressively responsible administrative/managerial healthcare positions.
- Active M.D. or D.O. License, with no derogatory actions; and current Certification by a Board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Located approximately 35 miles southwest of Lexington and 75 miles southeast of Louisville.
- Choose to live in Southern Lexington or live in beautiful suburb of Lexington.
- Enjoy the lifestyle with appeal for all: families, young professionals or a single physician.
- The four-season moderate climate makes this community a great place to call home in a beautiful bluegrass setting.
- Excellent educational system as well as easy access to collegiate sports venues, cultural arts, recreational waters and parks, and airports.
- Generous Guaranteed Salary
- Health Insurance- two options for health insurance coverage
- Paid Time Off - 8 hours accrued per pay period
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan with up to 8% match
- Life Insurance
Top Five Things to Do
- Immerse yourself in the remarkable and unexpected history in the "City of First". The first Capital of Kentucky (1785), the first US Post Office west of the Alleghenies (1792) and the famed Dr. Ephraim McDowell was the first in the world to successfully remove an ovarian tumor in 1809.
- The Bourbon drinker will appreciate being located midway between Lexington and Louisville as locals like to call the Kentucky Bourbon Trail with each distillery within 90 miles.
- Come join the parties throughout the year as Danville and Boyle Country celebrate anything and everything including live brass band music, barbecue, rural heritage and history, the American Civil War, and more.
- Paint you face blue and white and head to watch the country's best collegiate Kentucky Wildcats basketball or wear your favorite red and black to cheer for University of Louisville football on the weekends less than 90 miles away.
- Stroll downtown on Main Street where you can spend a leisurely day shopping in many of our beautiful shops featuring local artists, jewelry, clothing, primitives and fine teas or confections. Next, head over to Perryville to find a treasure trove of antiques and one-of-a-kind finds.
What is nice to know.