Cardiology Position Available Near Anchorage, AK!
What you need to know
- Hospital employed position with supportive administration
- Join an Interventional Cardiologist who arrived last August
- Strong mid-level support
- Growing program in a growing community
- Will participate in expanding cath lab program
- Second lab and hybrid lab planned in $80 million hospital expansion
- PCI experience is a must for the Interventionalist
- Non-Interventionalist may be invasive or non-invasive
- Peripherals, devices, and TEE helpful but not required
- Coronary CTA program coming in collegial venture with radiology
- Excellent cath lab and echo staff
- Active wound care clinic if interested in PAD and vein disease
- Light call with excellent hospitalist and intensivist support
- We believe in work-life balance.
- Will consider cardiologists who want less than a 1.0 position.
- Imagine working only 2 or 3 weeks a month and then having time to explore all that Alaska has to offer!
- Relocation allowance
- Commencement bonus
- CME assistance
- Medical education debt repayment
- From the majestic Pioneer and Twin Peaks in the Chugach Range to the Talkeetna Mountains in South central Alaska, Palmer is framed in breathtaking beauty.
- Located 42 miles northeast of Anchorage on the Glenn Highway in the Matanuska Valley, the city's unique history and heritage are unparalleled in the state
Compensation The Starting Salary Is $50,000 To $75,000 More Compared To Starting Cardiologist Salaries In Anchorage. Coupled With A Cost Of Living Of 20% Lower Than The Aforementioned Metropolitan Areas, Provides Significant Purchasing Power To Build Their Dream Home, Payoff School Loans And Retire Early.
The Housing Market This 3,109 sq ft, 4 bedroom; 3 bath home location in the valley. Wasilla Creek and green belt runs along rear of property, with great privacy from neighbors. wo story great room, master suite on the main level, In floor heat throughout and much more! Immaculate custom home with fantastic curb.
The Community Palmer is a city in and the borough seat of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. It is part of the Anchorage Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Palmer is 42 miles (68 km) northeast of Anchorage on the Glenn Highway. It lies on the north shore of the Matanuska River, not far above tidewater, in a wide valley between the Talkeetna Mountains to the north and the Chugach Mountains to the south and east. Pioneer Peak rises over 6,000 feet (1,800 m) above the town, just a few miles south.
The Employer 70+ bed facility with a wide range of inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic imaging and emergency, medical and surgical services. Offers a sleep lab, cardiac catheterization lab, off-site urgent care facility, robotic surgery and the advanced total hip replacement procedures.
What is nice to know.
Closest International Airports:
- 49 miles: Anchorage, AK (ANC / PANC) Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport
Closest Major City:
- 49 miles to Anchorage, AK
Closest Domestic Airport:
- 49 miles to Anchorage, AK
Cost of Living:
- Mean Housing Cost - $206,247
- City Cost of Living Index -101.3 (near average, U.S. average is 100)
- State Cost of Living Index -131.3
Colleges and Universities:
- Charter College-Anchorage (about 37 miles; Anchorage, AK; Full-time enrollment: 2,983)
- University of Alaska Anchorage (about 37 miles; Anchorage, AK; FT enrollment: 12,483)
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (about 229 miles; Fairbanks, AK; FT enrollment: 6,397)
- 71.4% White alone
- 12.9% Two or more races
- 7.5% American Indian alone
- 5.5% Hispanic
- 1.5% Black alone
- State Income Tax Rate - 0%
- State Sales Tax Rate - 0%
- County Tax Rate -1.765
- Property Tax Rate -1.04%
- Construction (16%)
- Retail trade (15%)
- Public administration (10%)
- Accommodation and food services (9%)
- Transportation and warehousing (8%)
- Health care and social assistance (7%)
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction (6%)
- Alaska Mushing School
- Glacier Dog Sledding with Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- Hell Bent Fishing Charter
- Alaska Backcountry Adventures Snowmachine Tours
Arts & Culture:
- Palmer Museum of History & Art
- Colony House Museum
Sports for the Spectator:
- The Alaska Aces, known as the Anchorage Aces until 2003, were a minor league ice hockey team in Anchorage, Alaska.
- The Anchorage Glacier Pilots are a college summer baseball team in Anchorage, Alaska.
Sports for the Participant:
- Mat-Su Miners Collegiate Baseball
- Alaska Raceway Park in Palmer
- The Garden Gate
- Carrs Fred Meyer
- Side Kicks & Gifts
Top Five things to do:
- Reindeer Farm
- Independence Mine State Historical Park
- Bodenburg Butte
- Musk Ox Farm
- Lazy Mountain