Breast Surgery Medical Director Opening in Kentucky
What you need to know
Job ID: 9517
- Exciting opportunity for a Board Certified and Fellowship trained Breast Surgeon
- Currently there are two fellowship trained breast surgeons and several general surgeons focusing in breast
- The Health System in Louisville has a breast specific tumor board and multi-disciplinary clinic; consisting of medical and radiation oncologists, two dedicated breast imagers, plastic surgeons, and a breast pathologist in addition to our outstanding surgeons
Breast Health Program – Medical Director
- Collaborate with physician leadership, hospital leadership and oncology system service line leadership to develop measurable strategic goals and objectives for the breast program.
- Ensure that high quality and consistent clinical and administrative practices are developed, implemented and maintained for the breast program based on best practice outcome measures, established benchmarks, quality and volume results, care management initiatives, productivity standards and safety standards.
- Develop and implement systems and processes that ensure the highest quality of care and patient safety with evidence-based medicine standards.
- Provides medical direction for all services associated with the breast health programs and services, emphasizing cost effective, high quality care delivery, clinical research, and service excellence.
- Facilitate an environment reliant on data driven quality improvement processes to achieve exceptional clinical quality outcomes.
- Actively participate and provide leadership for clinical research on behalf of the breast program.
- Louisville is currently the 28th largest city in the US
- Bursting with opportunity and activities year round including numerous festivals and events; most popular, the world-famous Kentucky Derby.
- Located along the Ohio River, Louisville Metro, also affectionately known as Kentuckiana, boasts urban amenities a vibrant downtown, nationally-recognized restaurants, and a thriving arts scene
- Home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the state of Kentucky.
- Plenty of forests, rivers, and quarries for people who like to hike, bike, boat, or camp.
- The Big Four, a walking bridge in downtowns Waterfront Park, gives visitors a spectacular view of the Ohio River.
- Starting bonus available
- Relocation/moving allowance available
- Base salary plus incentive compensation available
- Student loan repayment assistance offered
- Allowed Time Off
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plans - 403(b) and 457
- Paid CME and licensure
- Medical malpractice insurance
Top Five Things to Do
- Kentucky Horse Park
- Mary Todd Lincoln House
- Alltech's Lexington Brewing & Distillery
- The Arboretum
What is nice to know.