Bariatric Surgery Position located in Lexington bedroom community
What you need to know
Job ID: 10164
Seeking a BE/BC Bariatric Surgeon to join our current bariatric center and medical staff in providing in/out-patient services for our patients.
- This leading health care provider is one of the 100 Greatest Community Hospitals in America is looking to expand their bariatric surgery service.
Full support from administration.
Recruitment of a bariatric physician is due to a strong service area need.
The bariatric surgeon will join our American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accredited Center of Excellence established in 2020, offers full bariatric services; a register dietician, a psychiatry evaluation, a weight loss education coordinator and excellent staff.
There is no competing bariatric center within 35 miles. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated physician who is willing to commit to continuing to build the region’s top bariatric and weight loss center.
The physician can expect to build a busy practice quickly.
- This healthcare system is a comprehensive, integrated healthcare delivery system that serves more than 119,000 residents from six counties in central Kentucky. cess hospital located in neighboring Mercer County (Harrodsburg).
- This Regional Medical Center located in Danville, Kentucky is a 222-bed licensed, not-for-profit regional medical center offering acute care and comprehensive outpatient services. The hospital serves individuals living in Boyle and the surrounding counties.
- The hospital was founded in 1887 and was named after the pioneering surgeon who performed the world’s first abdominal surgery in 1809 in Danville, Kentucky.
- Currently, this employer has more than 100 physicians on staff, representing 38 specialties.
- We have earned designation as a Center of Excellence, through The Joint Commission, for total hip and total knee replacement surgeries as well as for spinal surgery and hip fracture. In addition, we are a Center of Excellence for Robotic Surgery through Surgical Review Committee.
- Medical services include the region’s most advanced technology and skilled health care providers.
- The leadership team / administration is very supportive of this recruitment effort and the development in the clinic in our service area.
- Accreditations in mammography, CT scans, clinical laboratory and pathology, stereotactic breast biopsy, cardiovascular services and pharmacy, given by their respective accrediting bodies.
- Also, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, meaning we meet or exceed benchmarks for rapidly diagnosing and treating patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack, thus reducing deaths and major adverse events.
- Winning the Kentucky Hospital Association’s Quality Award five out of the past seven years
- Winning the Kentucky Association for Healthcare Quality Team Award in 2015
- Recognized in 2019 as a High Performing Hospital for COPD services by the U.S. News & World Report.
- Emergency Department has been deemed Pediatric Ready after meeting criteria set by the Kentucky Pediatric Emergency Care Coalition in compliance with national recommendations and guidelines.
- Named one of the 100 Great Community Hospitals in the U.S. by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Recognized by the Kentucky Quality Improvement Organization for improvement in reducing its heart failure readmission rate
- Emergency Department recognized as one of the 2014 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience in Emergency Care
- Danville is a small town located in the heart of the Bluegrass Region of Kentucky. The city is known for its Southern hospitality, small-town charm, and its commitment to preserving its unique heritage and history.
- World-class events and small-town attitude. Bold, saucy barbecue and elegant dining infused with Southern charm. Scores of wooded hiking trails and historic inns for romantic weekends. Whatever you love about Kentucky, you’ll find it right here.
- No matter what you enjoy doing, you’ll find it in Danville. And when you’re done, try something new! From classical concerts at the Norton Center for the Arts to cheering crowds along the clay track of the Ponderosa Speedway.
- From coffee and a fresh-baked treat from Burke’s Bakery. Enjoy an organic smoothie at Shake It. Have a carefully curated teatime cup at Elmwood Inn Tea Shop. Then settle in for dinner with a touch of local Wilderness Trail Distillery bourbon at Copper and Oak in a signature cocktail.
- Competitive salary aligned with MGMA Median.
- RVU Productivity.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off - 8 hours accrued per pay period
- Short-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance
- 5 days of CME time are allotted without impacting paid time off.
- Stipend of $6,000.00 annually.
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan with up to 8% match
- Life Insurance
Top Five Things to Do
- Immerse yourself in the remarkable and unexpected history in the "City of First". The first Capital of Kentucky (1785), the first US Post Office west of the Alleghenies (1792) and the famed Dr. Ephraim McDowell was the first in the world to successfully remove an ovarian tumor in 1809.
- The Bourbon drinker will appreciate being located midway between Lexington and Louisville as locals like to call the Kentucky Bourbon Trail with each distillery within 90 miles.
- Come join the parties throughout the year as Danville and Boyle Country celebrate anything and everything including live brass band music, barbecue, rural heritage and history, the American Civil War, and more.
- Paint you face blue and white and head to watch the country's best collegiate Kentucky Wildcats basketball or wear your favorite red and black to cheer for University of Louisville football on the weekends less than 90 miles away.
- Stroll downtown on Main Street where you can spend a leisurely day shopping in many of our beautiful shops featuring local artists, jewelry, clothing, primitives and fine teas or confections. Next, head over to Perryville to find a treasure trove of antiques and one-of-a-kind finds.
What is nice to know.