Acute Care Position located two hours to Saint Louis – starting compensation package up to $600,000 annually
Surgery: General, Surgery: Surgicalist, Surgery: Trauma, Surgical Critical Care
What you need to know
Job ID: 8687
- Seeking Board Certified Trauma Surgeon for Acute Care position at Level II trauma center.
- Chose one of the following models:
- 7 days on / 7 days off
- 7 days on / 1-2 days of elective surgeries
- Critical access hospital emergency department for emergencies.
- Responsible for taking call in the evenings, however, light call and rarely required to come to the hospital.
- Full-service surgical center: Our experienced teams use the latest equipment to provide a wide range of surgery services. From complex procedures such as open-heart surgery to minimally invasive hernia procedures.
- Minimally invasive surgeries: Our skilled surgeons and teams have years of expertise in performing many surgeries through tiny incisions. Minimally invasive techniques can help reduce pain, minimize blood loss, reduce the risk of complications and shorten recovery times.
- Grade A hospital: This hospital has earned its second consecutive grade A for hospital safety from the Leapfrog Group. This organization analyzes safety data from hospitals across the country and compares outcomes.
- Surgical teams with advanced training: Many of our surgeons and anesthesiologists have fellowship training, which is 1 to 2 years of additional, focused training in their specialty. Other team members, including nurses, anesthetists and technicians, also have additional, specialized training in their fields.
- Completed Fellowship in Trauma Surgery with three years of experience
- 70+ member group of employed physicians, advanced practitioner and allied health providers offering services in 17 different specialties.
- The largest provider of medical care in the 300,000 population Tri-State Area composed of West Central Illinois, Northeast Missouri, and Southeast Iowa.
- The System also operates a 307-bed regional referral center in Quincy, and Illini Community Hospital, a 25-bed critical access hospital in Pittsfield, Illinois, (population 4,300).
- As a not-for-profit system, we accept all patients regardless of their economic condition or insurance coverage.
- The System was named one of the "100 Best Places to Work in Health Care" by Modern Healthcare magazine, and it ranks among the Country's top 8% of hospitals in its level of Information Technology development.
- Enjoy a community with a diverse educational system, including Public/private schools, technical, community college and four year private university.
- Gorgeous riverfront to historic neighborhoods, plenty of restaurants, and abundant shopping
- 7 days on / 7 days off model - $400,000 for new graduate; up to $475,000 for experienced physicians
- 7 days on / 1-2 days of elective surgeries - $500,000 - $550,000
$150,000 of school loans forgiven over five years
- $50,000 sign on bonus, for candidates who do not have school loans, sign on bonus of up to $100,000.
- Total guaranteed package
- 7 days on / 7 days off model = $450,000 to $500,000
- 7 days on / 1-2 days of elective surgeries = $550,000 to $600,000+
- Up to a $15,000 relocation package
- Benefits: Health, life, vision, dental, disability, and AD & D insurance, malpractice coverage with tail, 403(b) pension plan plus 457(b) tax-deferral option, employee child care center, four weeks annual paid time off plus one week of CME time with paid time off increasing to six weeks after two years employment, $5,000 annual professional expense allowance, and more.
Top Five Things to Do
- All Wars Museum
- Villa Kathrine
- Quincy Museum
- John Wood Mansion
- 9/11 Memorial
What is nice to know.