100% Outpatient Pulmonology Position located in Lexington bedroom community
Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonary Diseases: Critical Care
What you need to know
Job ID: 9652
- Seeking a Pulmonologist to practice 100% outpatient.
- Office Hours are Monday – Friday.
- Select Care – long-term care unit within hospital consults may be needed.
- 12 – 16 daily patients (some vent patients).
- Call 1:4 (Telephone call).
- Olympus 3 EBUS Scopes 180s
- 2.0, 2.8, Nasal scope
- Navigational System (Coviden)
- Lung volume measurement (plethysmography)
- Diffusion capacity testing (DLCO)
- Oximetry studies
- Six-minute walk test
- Nocturnal oximetry
- Arterial blood gas with co-oximetry (in-patient only)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic flexible and rigid bronchoscopies
- Navigational bronchoscopy
- Indwelling pleural catheters (IPC) in ICU /at bedside
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Blood allergy testing
- Serologies for interstitial lung disease
Off-site services & procedures
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Fiber-optic bronchoscopy
- Transbronchial needle and forceps biopsies
- 222-bed licensed bed not-for-profit regional medical center offering acute care and comprehensive outpatient services.
- Currently has more than 100 physicians representing 38 specialties on staff with a STRONG REFERRAL NETWORK
Services offered include:
- Cardiac care, including cardiac catheterization laboratory/angioplasty
- 24-hour emergency care (verification as a Level III Trauma Center)
- Surgical services, including robotic and laser surgery
- Robust Hospitalist group
- Pulmonology services
- Imaging and laboratory services
- Cancer care
- Behavioral Health Services, including geropsychiatric services
- Heart & Vascular Institute
- Critical care
- Rehabilitation services
- Pain Management Center
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Wound Healing Center
- Kids Can Do Pediatric Therapy Center
- Monitored Exercise Program
- Women’s Breast & Health Center
- Home health
- Located approximately 35 miles southwest of Lexington and 75 miles southeast of Louisville.
- Enjoy the lifestyle with appeal for all: families, young professionals or a single physician.
- The four-season moderate climate makes this community a great place to call home in a beautiful bluegrass setting.
- Excellent educational system as well as easy access to collegiate sports venues, cultural arts, recreational waters and parks, and airports.
- Guaranteed salary comparable to MGMA Median.
- Eligible to earn RVU incentives.
- RVU Productivity.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off - 8 hours accrued per pay period
- Short-Term Disability
- Malpractice Insurance
- 5 days of CME time are allotted without impacting paid time off.
- Stipend of $3,000.00 annually.
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan with up to 8% match
- Life Insurance
Top Five Things to Do
- Immerse yourself in the remarkable and unexpected history in the "City of First". The first Capital of Kentucky (1785), the first US Post Office west of the Alleghenies (1792) and the famed Dr. Ephraim McDowell was the first in the world to successfully remove an ovarian tumor in 1809.
- The Bourbon drinker will appreciate being located midway between Lexington and Louisville as locals like to call the Kentucky Bourbon Trail with each distillery within 90 miles.
- Come join the parties throughout the year as Danville and Boyle Country celebrate anything and everything including live brass band music, barbecue, rural heritage and history, the American Civil War, and more.
- Paint you face blue and white and head to watch the country's best collegiate Kentucky Wildcats basketball or wear your favorite red and black to cheer for University of Louisville football on the weekends less than 90 miles away.
- Stroll downtown on Main Street where you can spend a leisurely day shopping in many of our beautiful shops featuring local artists, jewelry, clothing, primitives and fine teas or confections. Next, head over to Perryville to find a treasure trove of antiques and one-of-a-kind finds.
What is nice to know.